Thanks, BW, for letting me post my news about my new game! Hopefully some of the RPG fans here also enjoy classic platformers! I've been working hard on this game for a long time, and am glad to finally be able to share it with you!
Secret agent Dirk Dashing is back for a brand new mission!
After a wicked computer virus destroys G.O.O.D's new computer network, agent Dirk Dashing must track down the cyber criminal responsible for the attack. His mission leads him to a massive global corporation, owned by one of the wealthiest men in the world. Help Dirk avoid security systems, evade guards, and solve all-new puzzles to stop a diabolical new plot by E.V.I.L mastermind, Dr. Ego!
Dirk Dashing 2 features:
* Improved graphics, with lighting effects and cel shading!
* A new inventory system, so you can pick up multiple weapons and gadgets, carry them with you, and use them whenever you want!
* A new health system, so Dirk can take multiple hits before he dies (no more instant death)!
* New moves, including the ability to climb ladders and hang from wires and pipes!
* An all-new soundtrack with spy music that perfectly fits the game!
* Play using keyboard, joystick, or game pad!
* Ability to save your game progress at any point!
* In-game instructions to get you started!
Free demos are available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The demo contains Part 1 of the 5-part story. Feedback is welcome! I really want to make this game special for fans of classic platformers, so I welcome any suggestions for improvement. And certainly tell me what you like about the game, so I don't inadvertently change a game mechanic or feature that you like. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dirk Dashing 2 can be pre-ordered for $19.99 USD. Pre-ordering customers will receive a download link to the "full" version beta, containing Parts 1 and 2 of the 5-part story. They'll also receive free updates as I finish each part of the game, with new levels, new features, bug fixes, and more. So it will be a lot like playing an episodic game - with each new update, more of the story will be revealed. And when the game is all done, I'll give pre-ordering customers a free copy of the planned $5 strategy guide, containing level maps, concept art, hints, tricks, and more!
Official game page: http://www.mygamecompany.com/Products/D ... 2/main.htm
Windows download: http://www.mygamecompany.com/Products/D ... wnload.htm
Mac download: http://www.mygamecompany.com/Products/D ... wnload.htm
Linux download: http://www.mygamecompany.com/Products/D ... wnload.htm