Skill upgrades

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Skill upgrades

Post by Rune_74 »

Hey guys,

Before book 2 I brought up an idea to have skills that were only available if you had the prerequisite skills of a certain level. For instance poison and dagger at level for assasination skill to be available(this was a quick one off the top of my head, I had made a large chart on a spreadsheet awhile back...but who knows where that went.)

It's just a start to the idea, I remember the bards tale games if you got certain levels in different magic schools archmage opened with new spells and such.

Personally I think something a long those lines would really deepen the experience.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Skill upgrades

Post by Vroqren »

That's a really good idea, skill at certain levels unlocking other skills. Then every skill at lets say level 5 (including the unlockable skills) unlocks the grand skill of.... Who knows - but something useful maybe.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I still prefer the idea of skills complementing each other to create better effects (like your skill in a weapon being added to your Lore skill for identifying weapons of that type). The "unlocking" of skills sounds too much like skill trees, which I understand but they can be annoying. I like the greater openness of the way BW does it, but think that it would be cool if there were discoverable benefits such as your Meditation level being added to 1/2 your Int or Wis to give you your maximum number of knowable spells, rather than just the Int or Wis. That would give an additional benefit to an often derided skill and make it a viable second option for casters. It even makes logical sense (Meditation being an ability to control the focus of the mind thereby allows you greater capacity for remembering spells).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

I would love to see skills like Meditation and Medicine become actually usefull for something. As it is now they are not as it is much easier to just boost end or per to make the regen rates go up.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.