Infinite Dungeons!

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Braja69
Pledge

Infinite Dungeons!

Post by Braja69 »

Just wanted to suggest for book 3 an infinite dungeons type of thing like the mod for neverwinter nights. I love love love any roguelike type of game and this would be awesome for Eschalon. Everything random, dungeon layout, items monsters, the whole 9 yards. When I find a game I like this much, I just want to be able to come back to it for the rest of my life and be able to play it and have that fresh feeling with that nostalgic feeling. That is the best feeling. But great job guys and keep up the good work.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Infinite Dungeons!

Post by IJBall »

Braja69 wrote:Just wanted to suggest for book 3 an infinite dungeons type of thing like the mod for neverwinter nights. I love love love any roguelike type of game and this would be awesome for Eschalon. Everything random, dungeon layout, items monsters, the whole 9 yards. When I find a game I like this much, I just want to be able to come back to it for the rest of my life and be able to play it and have that fresh feeling with that nostalgic feeling. That is the best feeling. But great job guys and keep up the good work.
I'm not sure this would work within the context of the Eschalon gamestory.

However, I would like to see the capability for something like this be put into the planned-for Eschalon game-editor, either as an initial part of the editor, as as something like a game-editor 'plug-in' that someone like xolotl could design for us.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Infinite Dungeons!

Post by xolotl »

Yeah, I've been thinking that it might be fun to try and whip up some random dungeon generators. We'll see how that goes; I've got various stuff I want to fix in the editor itself first, and I'd like to do some fairly involved work to clean up the currently-labyrinthine API, to make it easier to do stuff like that.