Cartography - get rid of it

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Cartography - get rid of it

Post by Vroqren »

Cartography is ingeniously designed. Sorry if you beg to differ, but if you don't like the skill, just don't put points into it.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Cyan
Pledge

Post by Cyan »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:If not, spend the gold on booze and Taurax steaks.
+1 :D
Antigrav
Marshall

Post by Antigrav »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:My compromise: I'll make sure a cartography trainer is in the very first village you arrive at- and I'll make sure a small stash of coins is conveniently hidden nearby for which anyone can buy that first skill with, if they want. If not, spend the gold on booze and Taurax steaks.
I like the idea—and hope that I'm right—that the game takes place largely in jungle and that the only village is near the end of the story.

I propose an achievement: "Old School: Finish the game without needing a minimap."
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

actually that is easy to do. Once you go thru the place the first time and have all the quick travels marked out you can go about anywhere w/o the map.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Salid
Initiate

Post by Salid »

Perhaps I'm the only one with this point of view, but while I like the cartography skill in and of itself, what annoyed me was that you had to go through everything you already mapped with, say, level 2 cartography again with level 4 cartography just to bring it up to detail. I know it's perhaps not that realistic, but if this was somehow made easier I admit I'd be a little happier...