Ipad version

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Ipad version

Post by Rune_74 »

Man, I got my wife a Ipad for christmas...I wish these came out on there, I hear it is a gold mine for any decent games out there. People buy on impulse on there.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Ipad version

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I know. I wish it would be easy to do, but it is not. The language used for Eschalon is simply not portable to iPad or iPhone. Every game after Eschalon will be, but the Eschalon series itself will forever be a true computer-based RPG.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

It's really too bad...rumor jas it that spiderweb made more on that version then both computer versions.

My wife is playing broken sword on there and it works awesome...really is a good format for older style games.

btw, hey thomas:)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Funny. I tried a couple RPGs on iPad and just didn't like the platform for them. Then again, I'm weird so don't judge the marketplace by my reactions. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Speaking of which BW, what language is the Eschalon Series written in? I do a fair bit of coding myself, and actually will be releasing an online game fairly soon, but You're games run so smoothly, and I wanted to try an application game.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Vroqren wrote:Speaking of which BW, what language is the Eschalon Series written in? I do a fair bit of coding myself, and actually will be releasing an online game fairly soon, but You're games run so smoothly, and I wanted to try an application game.
BlitzMax, IIRC.

Though, from subsequent discussions, it sure sounds like BW wished he had started out coding Eschalon in C(++(?)).