Eschalon 1 2 3 and Steam

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
bossonova
Initiate

Eschalon 1 2 3 and Steam

Post by bossonova »

Hello everyone i just wanted to say that i just passed part 1 and this series is amazing. I bought it off of steam and i will buy part 2 and 3 from steam as well but my concern is this. I did not want to wait for part 3 to come out even though it will contain parts 1 and 2 plus a bunch of extras to buy part one and two. Would part 3 contain all those extras on steam? What exactly are the extras that will be included. I don't mind paying full price for a great game but usually i don't go over 20$ for a game as a rule of thumb. Keep up the great work and i plan to play part 2 immediately.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Eschalon 1 2 3 and Steam

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I think you're misunderstanding something there. AFTER the release of Book III, BW has talked about putting together a sort of "Gold Disk" with all three games in the most up-to-date form, with extras like scenario development tools, etc.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
bossonova
Initiate

Post by bossonova »

Thanks man.
Tyranthraxus
Steward

Post by Tyranthraxus »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I think you're misunderstanding something there. AFTER the release of Book III, BW has talked about putting together a sort of "Gold Disk" with all three games in the most up-to-date form, with extras like scenario development tools, etc.
And cloth maps, of course.
Our promised reward for buying the special trilogy edition. :)
DragonDai
Initiate

Post by DragonDai »

I would happily buy a "gold edition" featuring all three of the games, ESPECIALLY if it included tools needed to make more content for all three games. That would be ridiculously cool.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

DragonDai wrote:I would happily buy a "gold edition" featuring all three of the games, ESPECIALLY if it included tools needed to make more content for all three games. That would be ridiculously cool.
Unfortunately, it won't quite work like that.

The Dev Tools will only work directly with Book III and its content. (BW has said he might later release an add-on package of Book II content (presumably just the maps, IMO), but I wouldn't even count on that.

Still, once the Dev Tools become available, I suspect a group of us will volunteer to "re-create" all the Book I areas (and possibly the Book II areas, depending on how BW handles that...) - it seems to be a high priority for a number of us to have the content for the entire Eschalon gameworld available somewhat soon after the Dev Tools are released.

But, even if that happens, it will only be playable in Book III, is my understanding from BW...
Last edited by IJBall on February 11th, 2013, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

That won't matter (for me), since the Book III engine is an improved version of the Book II engine. But releasing some of the graphics from the older games to be used in the editor, that's something I would appreciate. Atleast the dwarves.