(Book II Mod) Treasure Of The Orakur

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

(Book II Mod) Treasure Of The Orakur

Post by raverdave2k »

I've been hard at work with xoloto's map editor again, this modification adds on a few new maps and a side quest to uncover a treasure hidden by the Orakur.

Getting started:
[+] SPOILER
You can pick up the trail by visiting the unoccupied property in East Willow.

Installation instructions using a new character:
  • Start up a new game
  • Once the game is up and running first collect the equipment from the containers in your bedroom.
  • Save the game and quit back to main menu.
  • Extract the contents of the zip file to your save game slot
  • Load up your save game again and enjoy.
Latest Version: v1.04

This does not effect any of the same maps as my Port Kuudad Tower mod so both can be installed at the same time.

CAUTION:

I recommend against installing this mod over an existing character but if you wish to do so I recommend you return to your bedroom and save the game there first.

Beaware all of the following maps will be reset to there default state:

• Durnore Region
  • Yoma River Headwater
  • Broken Blade
  • Yoma River Valley
This means any chests in those areas reset to default content and any doors will have relocked and enemies will have respawned.
[/size]
[/color]

Enjoy :)

Updates (Previous versions avaliable here)

21/4/12 - v1.04 - Fixed glitch with TNT in Northern Ice Fields, Added enemies and lots more trees to same map.
25/3/12 - v1.03 - Blocked a gap in Northern Ice Fields, added an extra pointer to what to do on that map.
22/3/12 - v1.02 - Fixed a few gaps in Lower Yoma Valley, fixed message shown for "Key Bits".
9/2/12 - v1.01 - Fixed the vanashing chest in Lower Yoma Valley.
Attachments
Treasure_Of_The_Orakur-v1.04.zip
(130.3 KiB) Downloaded 1166 times
Last edited by raverdave2k on June 30th, 2017, 7:17 am, edited 10 times in total.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: (Book II Mod) Treasure Of The Orakur

Post by xolotl »

Aha, I'm not too far behind the times on this one, at least. Thanks again for your work in my editor! It's great to have some new map content coming out of it.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

If you save the game standing in the open doorway of your house, the game resumes with you standing in the closed door. There is also another waterskin in the cabinet near the door.

I'm still in the demo part and haven't opened the empty building. But thanks for new places to see.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Randomizer wrote:If you save the game standing in the open doorway of your house, the game resumes with you standing in the closed door. There is also another waterskin in the cabinet near the door.

I'm still in the demo part and haven't opened the empty building. But thanks for new places to see.

I've just uploaded a minor update that fixes a vanashing chest, I did think about what you mention above but for the moment I have left as is. The reason I stated to collect your gear first is because the contents of those chests change depending on your characte, I may do the same as I did with my Book I mod and manually stock them with the correct kit for all classes this will then mean just starting the game, saving and installing before moving about.
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

Minsk
Apprentice

Post by Minsk »

raverdave2k wrote:the contents of those chests change depending on your character
How is this possible, can you detect what class (Fighter ect.) the player has choosen ?
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Minsk wrote:
raverdave2k wrote:the contents of those chests change depending on your character
How is this possible, can you detect what class (Fighter ect.) the player has choosen ?
No there is no way to do this via script it's hard coded the same as Book I, you get a sword for a fighter, bow for a ranger, spells for a heler / magick user etc.

raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

New version uploaded to address some issues raised in this thread.

Fixed the note on the 'Key Bits' so it now says Keebo instead of just XX (that was a temp fill until I looked up his name and I clearly forgot to go back), I've plugged several holes in the border but if I've missed any please let me know.

---------------------------------
GChrisSfish21 wrote:I just threw the Lower Yoma switch - the one under the trees at the bottom. Don't know what this changes - am reexploring again.
Oddness, I think that must have ended up there by accident as I certainly can't think of a switch playing any part in anything though I couldn't actually find were this is to check.
munster wrote: For the Lower Yoma Valley key, I presume the bucket of "nice cold water" is to quench the fire in the stove and get the key (the "glint of metal") out, but I can't pick it up. I've left-clicked, right-clicked, clicked on the rocks beside it (and quenched my thirst) and stared really hard at it for a bit, and nothing doing.
That bucket will play a part after you have the key from the stove, you will need to find something else on that map to help you retrieve it first though, I've made an adjustment to the tree line in the new version that should make that item a bit easier to find.

GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

I tried to upload several annotated map screen shots, but the session timed out. Will try again - if you don't see it posted you will know what happened.

The switch is located inside the lower tree line before the path to the lower chest.
It makes a funny noise sort of like a swoosh when clicked on.
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

This is the lower yoma shot
Attachments
Lower Yoma 2.jpg
Lower Yoma 2.jpg (116.81 KiB) Viewed 37655 times
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

Another lower yoma shot
Attachments
Lower Yoma 1.jpg
Lower Yoma 1.jpg (44.11 KiB) Viewed 37654 times
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Ah thanks found it, I assume you meant the oblisk? I put several of those on the map right at the start with a bit of script for testing, in this case each one played a different sound effect so I could decide which to use (hench the sound when clicked), this one clearly got buried under the trees and missed when I removed them. It causes no other effect so I'll leave it unless I have to put up another version for something else.

Im assuming the screenshots are from when you originally found problems and your not saying there are still holes?

GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

I'm assuming the screenshots are from when you originally found problems and your not saying there are still holes?
Correct.
---
So far this is what I've got:
Treasure Book II Mod

Dunmore has:
Frost Key;
Open fire;
Door to Saphire Ring.

Yoma Headwater has:
Entrance to Lower Yoma.

Lower Yoma has:
Fire Key;
Tonges;
Stove;
Bucket;
Door to Emerald Ring.

Eastwillow has:
Keebo's Anvil.

Broken Blade has:
Door to ring ?

Still haven't found the key pieces again despite opening every chest on all those maps ...
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

raverdave2k,
Here's a wrinkle in the PK Tower mod:

If the player has already found the book which is used to open the Archive in PK and placed the book on the table, but not also placed the 4 bells, then the player can never get back into the Archive later to place the bells and gain the exp points.

I have the bells but cannot get back into the Archive.

Another caveat:
I don'tr know about other players, but I kept alot of stuff in PK that would be needed later, but I did not wish to carry around. Fortuately, I removed the items to Everdale before the install. Had I not done that, all would have been lost and I could not have finished the quests.

So I guess that the best thing to do is issue a warning to other players to have completed the placement of the bells and to move any items to be kept to a map not being modded.
PIF
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I think mostly Raverdave expects that players will install the mod with ALL NEW characters and play from the beginning, rather than installing it midway through an existing game. Modifying maps that you've already played is going to change things and can have deleterious effects, yes.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

Thanks to the list of locations (without the mention of the tongs I would never have figured out what I needed), I have now managed to find all three keys and located two of the doors (Lower Yoma and Broken Blade). I have two rings and now all I have to do is find the door in Durnore, find the ring, and then - ?

1) Find Durnore door to sapphire ring
2) ???
3) Profit!

:D

I'm really enjoying your mods, raverdave, but they make me feel very stupid for not seeing what's under my nose!