Entangle or sonic blast?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Entangle or sonic blast?

Post by deathknight1728 »

I currently have sonic blast but ive read that entangle can be ok too. I cant seem to find it. Should i stick with sonic blast or go try and find entangle?

All i really need is something that will stun enemies while i slice them away while stunned. Sonic blast so far fits that but if entangle can stun longer, ill try and find that.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Entangle or sonic blast?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Entangle holds one target in place, which is good if you're using ranged attacks on creatures you want to be sure don't get too close (like acid grubs). It does not stop that creature from attacking you if you get next to it.

Neither one is terribly effective later in the game, though.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Oh cool, then thats what i need to do-stay with sonic blast as it stuns them.

So sonic blast and entangle dont gain bonuses with levels to work on later enemies, makes sense.

I might use entangle if i ever use a ranger though.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Jeez, sonic blast might just be one of the best spells in the game. Ive just noticed that while the enemy is stunned, you gain a 2X damage bonus while stunned, thats awesome! That might just be one of the coolest things in the game i never noticed.

Ive got a few small questions as this might be game changing.

1-Does intelligence do anything to make this spell have a greater chance of working on said enemy or is it just with spell levels from elemental skill?

2-are there any other spells in either spell list that have any said benefits like that one from sonic blast.

This is really cool and i would say every rogue should use sonic blast even if they dont use other spells. Heck, warriors should use this too. Its too bad i didnt notice this in the pdf as it makes the game incredibly fun!