THIS is what POWER looks like!!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

THIS is what POWER looks like!!

Post by Knightofhopex »

I did it the right way. See my screenshot. >:D

Hope you guys enjoy(ed) this! :)

-Knight

Update: This character's actually gotten a little tougher since I've been playing through the story...
Last edited by Knightofhopex on July 26th, 2012, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: THIS is what POWER looks like!!

Post by Dragonlady »

Nice character. Now I know what it's like to wear heavy armor. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

Thank you! :) I'm glad you liked it!

You know if you ever decide you need some heavy metal, I have extra!! :D

The only annoying thing now is I can't find a copy of Chameleon to use... Grr.

The flaw in this build is that you run out of mana before you're done blasting the grubs that break your gear. I think that will go away once my dodge hits 100 though. >:D *crosses fingers*
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

:o The pride and envy of fighters in all of Eschalon!
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Now I'm curious about that Dodge skill. I've never done anything with it. But I see the hive drone only had 8% to-hit. I might have to play through with a new character so I can experiment with that skill...

I did a Ninja-type character earlier this year that focused on Unarmed Combat, Hide in Shadows, and Move Silently. I'm thinking it might be fun to do a character that focuses exclusively on Unarmed Combat and Dodge - forget stealth, just walk confidently into a crowd of enemies in broad daylight and take 'em on!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

Lord_P wrote::o The pride and envy of fighters in all of Eschalon!
Thank you! :D I worked really hard on making the skills jive and getting the items, so that means a lot to me.

I plan on getting Elemental and Divination up to 11 each just for the more useful spells later on, if I still have levels left to gain after I pump dodge all the way up.
MyGameCompany wrote:Now I'm curious about that Dodge skill. I've never done anything with it. But I see the hive drone only had 8% to-hit. I might have to play through with a new character so I can experiment with that skill...

I did a Ninja-type character earlier this year that focused on Unarmed Combat, Hide in Shadows, and Move Silently. I'm thinking it might be fun to do a character that focuses exclusively on Unarmed Combat and Dodge - forget stealth, just walk confidently into a crowd of enemies in broad daylight and take 'em on!
It definitely would be! I have to depend on buffs right now to kill Minotaur but I think that's going to change in a few more levels... Muahaha.

FYI, I believe Dodge takes away 1% of their hit chance per rank. Also, after dodging an attack, your chance to strike that enemy goes up by 10% for 1 round. If nothing else, it makes it much easier to heal myself back up during a fight. :)

Added note: Looks like dodge may have a maximum effect. After gaining several levels and adding ranks, I have gained no benefit against the same type of monster. It would be worth asking the developers what that actually is.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

I don't want to be a 'buzzkill' here, but you probably "over-pumped" your STR on that character in the screenshots - you probably should have maxed out your STR at STR=30, and then pumped the balance into either higher END and/or higher DEX.
Knightofhopex wrote:FYI, I believe Dodge takes away 1% of their hit chance per rank.
Not quite - your character's chance of a successful "Dodge" increases by 1% with every 'level' in Dodge.
Knightofhopex wrote:Also, after dodging an attack, your chance to strike that enemy goes up by 10% for 1 round. If nothing else, it makes it much easier to heal myself back up during a fight. :)

Added note: Looks like dodge may have a maximum effect. After gaining several levels and adding ranks, I have gained no benefit against the same type of monster. It would be worth asking the developers what that actually is.
Yep - from my work on the subject, the improvement you get on your ToHit score on the 'Dodge-follow-up-attack' seems to cap out at a 50% improvement (e.g. an 'unbonused' ToHit score of 50% can only be improved to a ToHit score of 75% max after a successful 'Dodge' no matter how high your levels are in Dodge above Dodge=Level 5...)
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

Oooh thanks for that info, IJBall. That helps a lot! :)