Ironman

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Ironman

Post by Lord_P »

I am going to start an Ironman challenge with the following rules:

1. Hardcore Rules (Equipment wear, hunger/thirst, pretermined seed and save/load restrictions)

2. NO DYING. Dying results in instand Game Over!

I am asking you what kind of a character should I make for the challenge. No mages because I have already seen that. Preferably an "uncommon" build, such as the fighter with a ridiculous level in dodge for example.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Ironman

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

It's actually not that hard not to die, if you're willing to do a lot of running back and forth. To up the difficulty, you can set yourself a one-time through any dungeon to complete the primary task (you can go back for looting, but the primary objective needs to be met in that first trip in).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

I would say to try making a merchant warrior. That is to say a warrior that knows how to sell things for more, gaining an absurd amount of money and trinkets originally not available for regular characters.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I had "fun" once playing an all-Mercantile build. Getting all the non-combat XP early in the game and buying a Merchant's hat, you can get to a high enough level to sell things for more than you pay for them. To keep the game from turning into a complete cakewalk at that point, I continued to only boost Mercantile skill and take on the game as a clueless nobody with access to the best equipment money can buy.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Spotted Shroom, you are a mad genius. I love that idea. For a while now, I have wanted to make a character that I personally view similar to the Heavy from TF2 (Link - http://www.infobarrel.com/media/image/60452.png).

This character would have all skill points put into unarmed combat, and mercantile, and attributes put into endurance and strength.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Vroqren wrote:This character would have all skill points put into unarmed combat, and mercantile, and attributes put into endurance and strength.
That sounds fun! Let's try...
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

I decided that Unarmed is boring. I'll make a character that has mercantile and piercing instead. ("cutthroat capitalism"!)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Lord_P wrote:I decided that Unarmed is boring. I'll make a character that has mercantile and piercing instead. ("cutthroat capitalism"!)
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Im trying to figure out how an unarmed merchant is anything like a big goofy guy who uses a machine shotgun.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.