stuck in trees :(

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Tadas25
Initiate

stuck in trees :(

Post by Tadas25 »

Hello, Im stuck in trees :(, what can I do that I havnt lose unsaved 4 hours of playing ? basilisk PLS help me.

The coordinates:

Barrier range region

x=98; y=95.

Thanx for help, (maybe you can do a little patch for me or smth, that I apper in - town, or better - on the right way ? )
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

How can you play for 4 hours without saving...??! unless of course you missed the windows 1.0 - windows 2000 era which drilled the ctrl + s (or equivalent) automatic hand movement (every 5 minutes) into the rest of us. hehe

Seriously though, I have a great deal of sympathy for your problem, as it happened to me a couple of times and I hope they can help you. Unfortunately, just to brace you for the worst, where I've seen this brought up on threads elsewhere it usually calls for a revert to earlier save.

Good luck!
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

A couple of time I *thought* I was stuck in trees, but looking at the map, I could see there was an opening. Maybe try moving around and look for an opening?
just
Apprentice

Post by just »

Maybe you can use the quick travel option (click on the overhead map).
Tadas25
Initiate

Post by Tadas25 »

just wrote:Maybe you can use the quick travel option (click on the overhead map).
Its a great idea :o . How I dot think about that :o .

Well when back from work, I try that. (I hate to work saturday :evil: ).

THANX for help everyone !!!

I hope it will help (quick travel).
Tadas25
Initiate

Post by Tadas25 »

Jaesun wrote:A couple of time I *thought* I was stuck in trees, but looking at the map, I could see there was an opening. Maybe try moving around and look for an opening?
I tryed that, believe me :) . I traveled from one map to other and stuck in trees :roll: . But I will try to get out of there usin quick travel - THANX for JUST
Tadas25
Initiate

Post by Tadas25 »

PhilosophiX wrote:How can you play for 4 hours without saving...??! unless of course you missed the windows 1.0 - windows 2000 era which drilled the ctrl + s (or equivalent) automatic hand movement (every 5 minutes) into the rest of us. hehe

Seriously though, I have a great deal of sympathy for your problem, as it happened to me a couple of times and I hope they can help you. Unfortunately, just to brace you for the worst, where I've seen this brought up on threads elsewhere it usually calls for a revert to earlier save.

Good luck!

I'm on mac :)
But I playn' using parallels or on my home PC (windows). About saves :) I dont know how I forgot to save the game :o , maybe its because i watch tv and play same time :roll: . I will train my self to press f2 button everi 2 minutes :D. anyway - thanx for help man !
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Tadas25 wrote:
PhilosophiX wrote:How can you play for 4 hours without saving...??! unless of course you missed the windows 1.0 - windows 2000 era which drilled the ctrl + s (or equivalent) automatic hand movement (every 5 minutes) into the rest of us. hehe

Good luck!

I'm on mac :)
But I playn' using parallels or on my home PC (windows). About saves :) I dont know how I forgot to save the game :o , maybe its because i watch tv and play same time :roll: . I will train my self to press f2 button everi 2 minutes :D. anyway - thanx for help man !
That explains it... your a mac user and don't have the habit of saving all the time because you have software that doesn't crash! Well okay that's not strictly true, there is one Mac program which always mysteriously crashes - Microsoft Office! hahha Glad you found a solution though, the quick travel menu. Brilliant.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
Tadas25
Initiate

Post by Tadas25 »

PhilosophiX wrote: That explains it... your a mac user and don't have the habit of saving all the time because you have software that doesn't crash! Well okay that's not strictly true, there is one Mac program which always mysteriously crashes - Microsoft Office! hahha
haha, you so true :) . but im glad that i have iWork :). im stoped working with office - its damn crap :) iWork - thats much better soft :)
rayres
Apprentice

Post by rayres »

Another Bug related to this: x=1, y=153 from Central TangleTree Forest going to Western Tanglewood gets me stuck in the trees all the time, and I have to reload!!

Rob
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

rayres wrote:Another Bug related to this: x=1, y=153 from Central TangleTree Forest going to Western Tanglewood gets me stuck in the trees all the time, and I have to reload!!
Don't forget the Quick-Travel option when this happens!
Skyleak
Initiate

Post by Skyleak »

Yes that's a great band aid for this bug.