Any Other Real Time Rpgs like Divinity/Lionheart

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Any Other Real Time Rpgs like Divinity/Lionheart

Post by deathknight1728 »

I lately have gotten into solo character type games (thanks to eschalon, divine divinity, driftmoon and lionheart). Im currently finishing lionheart and while it has its problems, its actually a lot of fun when you take it for what it is-an action rpg with roleplaying elements.

I am looking for a game like that is similar. One of the things I like about Lionheart, and Divinity is melee combat. You dont have any fancy well aimed blows or anything, just your stats determine whether you walk out of the fight alive. Its alot of fun and I wish there were more games like that.

One of the things that made bg1 and 2 better than throne of bhaal was that once you get to throne of bhaal and have the 10 attacks per round, it was just ridiculously imbalanced and you kill anything regardless of boss in 3 rounds.

Does anyone know of any other real time with pause rpg games like that I havent played?
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Any Other Real Time Rpgs like Divinity/Lionheart

Post by Saxon1974 »

Played Arcanum? I dont think its solo but you add NPC's to your party. It feels alot like these types of games. It's a much better game than Lionheart.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Any Other Real Time Rpgs like Divinity/Lionheart

Post by deathknight1728 »

Lionheart had so much promise and I really liked it in the beginning. However, once I got to a point in the game where you need to face the goblin king to progress, the game failed. I played as one of the character classes the game makes for you and what turned out happening (according to gog) was that you have to have the most combat-oriented character to beat him and even then its almost impossible fight.

What they expected you to know was to talk your way out of the fight. However, that goes against everything as you cant do that if you made your character a certain way. So yeah Lionheart really is a bad game and I doubt that many of the character classes premade at the beginning can get through the game.

Edit-And I beat arcanum solo as a dagger wielding assassin/fighter. It was a lot of fun and thanks for the thought. I might have to try that game turnbased this time to mix things up. You get props for reminding me of that games existence!
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum