Is book 3 on the schedule?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
whitepony
Initiate

Is book 3 on the schedule?

Post by whitepony »

Didnt see any updates to Book 3 page, and there wasnt much activity on the forums either. Have one question though: is Book 3 on the schedule? Does it come out summer 2013 or will it be further delayed? Any info is welcomed, thanx in advance :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Is book 3 on the schedule?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Book 3 is on schedule for release mid to late summer 2013.

The only thing that could change it would be our first alpha test in May. Depending on the feedback of our trusted internal testers, we may change the release window. Feedback such as: too long, too short, too easy, too hard, boring, confusing, etc., could push back release by a month or two while we address these concerns.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Book 3 is on schedule for release mid to late summer 2013.

The only thing that could change it would be our first alpha test in May. Depending on the feedback of our trusted internal testers, we may change the release window. Feedback such as: too long, too short, too easy, too hard, boring, confusing, etc., could push back release by a month or two while we address these concerns.
Too long?! Would that really be a problem? - Worst-case scenario, you take some content out for the "regular" release of Book III, and then save it and put it back in for an "Extended" or "Deluxe" edition of Book III to be released later.

I really can't imagine "too long" would be a "problem"... ;)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

IJBall wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Book 3 is on schedule for release mid to late summer 2013.

Too long?! Would that really be a problem? - Worst-case scenario, you take some content out for the "regular" release of Book III, and then save it and put it back in for an "Extended" or "Deluxe" edition of Book III to be released later.

I really can't imagine "too long" would be a "problem"... ;)
Heh, neither can I, especially as I'm trying to play Balder's Gate Enhanced version for Mac game! Man is that one FULL of quests and battles and quests and.. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
IJBall wrote:Too long?! Would that really be a problem?
A exaggeration I know, but would ten levels of Omentor Temple be fun or would the area be considered too long and boring by players after awhile? I think this is what BasiliskWrangler means, and not the length of the game.
Again, sounds perfect for a later "Extended Edition" release of Book III... :D
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote: A exaggeration I know, but would ten levels of Omentor Temple be fun...
Actually, I do think 10 levels of the Omentor temple would be fun.
whitepony
Initiate

Post by whitepony »

Those skeletal remains look so lootable :) wish that feature comes back
whitepony
Initiate

Post by whitepony »

And speaking about some peculiar dungeons being too long- those can be player-rewarding areas on different levels; e.g. it would be normal to beat 3d level of Omentor dungeon when you are level 5(7) at least, but if you beat it with a level 3 character- you would get some exceptional loot, some powerfull weapon or whatever :) And the last levels of that dungeon can become an ultimate challenge of the game (smth like Fathamurk).
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

That's a good idea! Make an early game dungeon that when you beat the required parts turns into a late game dungeon. :) You don't have to have so many locations and it's like a hard mode challenge.

EDIT: :) :) :) Too many smilies in this topic.