adjustable window?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
mwindsong
Apprentice

adjustable window?

Post by mwindsong »

I know now that Eschalon Book III is the last of the series. Yes, I managed to not notice the "trilogy" part. :?

I have a special request. Whatever becomes the next big thing for BW… could it have an adjustable window (screen) frame? I like using a windowed version to be able to go into this forum and to be able to see the clock and what not. My problem is that the small window makes it very hard to see the details unless I put my face within a couple inches of the screen.

Yes… think Mr. Magoo :wink:

So… what about it folks??? Is it possible or a ridiculous amount of programming?
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: adjustable window?

Post by IJBall »

mwindsong wrote:I know now that Eschalon Book III is the last of the series. Yes, I managed to not notice the "trilogy" part. :?

I have a special request. Whatever becomes the next big thing for BW… could it have an adjustable window (screen) frame? I like using a windowed version to be able to go into this forum and to be able to see the clock and what not. My problem is that the small window makes it very hard to see the details unless I put my face within a couple inches of the screen.

Yes… think Mr. Magoo :wink:

So… what about it folks??? Is it possible or a ridiculous amount of programming?
As seems clear from your post, you're no doubt already aware that BW has said that "adjustable resolution" (which is basically what you're requesting here) is not possible with the Eschalon engine (even for Book III).

However, as this may be the #1 request for the Eschalon series over the years, I am quite confident that BW has every intention of making sure that all of his future projects have "adjustable resolution" as a feature. At least, that's my guess... ;)
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Book 2 in window mode cut off the bottom of the screen on my Mac G4 iBook, but by the time BW found out it was too late to fix it. He later "fixed" it by requiring a newer operating system than that computer could easily use. :)
mwindsong
Apprentice

Post by mwindsong »

He later "fixed" it by requiring a newer operating system than that computer could easily use.
LOL Sneaky.
As seems clear from your post, you're no doubt already aware that BW has said that "adjustable resolution" (which is basically what you're requesting here) is not possible with the Eschalon engine (even for Book III).
I didn't know for sure about the Eschalon not being able to do adjustable resolution. I just figured it would be so late in the programming phase, that it would be onerous to try and rewrite for the screen resolution.