[Spoiler] Recipes of Eschalon

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Amasius
Apprentice

[Spoiler] Recipes of Eschalon

Post by Amasius »

Ok, I've collected all recipes I've found. The most powerfull need an alchemy skill of 15, but it pays off.

Did I miss something?
dryden
Apprentice

Post by dryden »

Thanks for this compilation, it will help in my next character.
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

Is there a Lore Potion? Just wondering if anyone knows. I have never seen one yet.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I found a torn page from a book. Here is what it said verbatium:

(this appears to be a page torn from an old Tome of Alchemy.)

"...would not be recommended under any circumstances. However, one would find that equal parts Willow Sap as a reagent, and Sulfur as a reactant, produces the most effective form of healing elixir, with many years of practice, the talented Alchemist can craft exilers with properties exceeding that of even..."

The rest of the text is lot below the tear in the page.

This appears to be the same formula as the one with 4 listed.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Wharyoo
Initiate

Post by Wharyoo »

This is the "tutorial formula" for Alchemy, it's fix loot with the 2 ingredients at the very beginning of the game :)
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Spider silk seems hard to come by .. all the other ingredients show up in shops, but not spider silk (unless that was the alchemy teacher who got deaded by bandits early on).
Amasius
Apprentice

Post by Amasius »

GSV3MiaC wrote:Spider silk seems hard to come by .. all the other ingredients show up in shops, but not spider silk (unless that was the alchemy teacher who got deaded by bandits early on).
I had the same problem - in the beginning of the game I found plenty and the shops had it too so I stupidly sold it and later after I realised how precious they are I couldn't find or buy it anymore.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

I'm starting anew and the alchemy teacher did have some - too soon to see if he restocks. Assuming he lives that long - he seem rather fragile - the inn keeper lady in the same area is much tougher (but then, she gives you a quest .. he doesn't).
kwokkie
Initiate

Post by kwokkie »

With all the rings and gems lying around, I kinda hoped to be able to create amulets and magical rings with alchemy, but I haven't found any recipe for that so far :-(
arcainic
Initiate

Post by arcainic »

have ppl notice that drops from chests/barrels increase in value as u lvl up? or is it as u do more quests? (both thing happened in tandum for me 0.0)

i'm lvl 11, i notice the magic shop in adrienll sells spider silk occasionally...

one way is to just wait a week, talk to her and reload each time until u see SILK!
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Yeah, but I was hoping to play the role of major monster slayer and quest completer, not 'All time champion shopper'. 8>.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

You will not find formulas for imbuing rings or gems. If you try to imbue a ring or gem you will get explosive results. Imbuing is limited to weapons and armor unfortunately. BW and the others would be severely tasked given the different combinations of reactants and reagents. They wisely limited it to a level they could manage. Ultima Online had a large list of reactants and reagents and what they would produce. The number of combinations was impressive.
History is written by the winners!
Hathorian
Initiate

Post by Hathorian »

great post Amasius, thanks!
ArkansasIMCista
Initiate

Post by ArkansasIMCista »

Just like the chests/barrels set randomly the first time you open them, the stores reset randomly every time a shopkeeper tells you that they've added new things. So just quick save before talking to them and you can restore to change their selection. Spider silk does get harder to come by as you level up but it can still be found sometimes in any of the magic/alchemy shops as well as with the innkeepers in Blackwater and Bordertown.

I do have a question of my own- is there any use for ashes? There's a fair amount of it around but I haven't found anything to do with them yet.
Just another old, tired teddy bear
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

ArkansasIMCista wrote: I do have a question of my own- is there any use for ashes? There's a fair amount of it around but I haven't found anything to do with them yet.
Yes there is a use for ash..in one special place. But, as far as I recollect that is the only use except to sell it for gold.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!