Cash in ialmrnt5 video driverThe driver ialmrnt5 for the dis

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
farley2k
Initiate

Cash in ialmrnt5 video driverThe driver ialmrnt5 for the dis

Post by farley2k »

About 1/2 the time when I try to sell multiple items to a vendor I get a hard crash and a failure in the ialmrnt5 driver. I will post what the event viewer says below. I tried finding an update to the video card driver (Mobile Intel 945GM) but it seems to be as up to date as possible.

Any ideas?

"The driver ialmrnt5 for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates."

I just quick save before trying to sell but it causes me to have to reboot which is kind of annoying.

Thanks,
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

First, are you patched to 1.02? We did some changes to that code, just want to see if it is related.
farley2k
Initiate

Post by farley2k »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:First, are you patched to 1.02? We did some changes to that code, just want to see if it is related.
Not yet, I just saw it was out. I will try tonight.

Thanks!
farley2k
Initiate

Post by farley2k »

Well that was quick. It didn't help. Crashed the first time I tried to sell 5 empty bottles.

I haven't had any luck finding an updated driver for the intel chipset either. I am sure there probably is one but a google search didn't find one yet. I will keep digging.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

And it is just when you try to sell multiple items?
farley2k
Initiate

Post by farley2k »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:And it is just when you try to sell multiple items?
Yes - so far.

Of course I seem to have solved it...I changed from DirectX to Opengl and haven't had a crash since.