Cape Sorrow

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Skid
Initiate

Cape Sorrow

Post by Skid »

In my current play-through, I'm at Cape Sorrow. I've always thought this region was pretty cool, despite being so small. This is one of those real "atmosphere" things I really like about the game. I always wonder about the backstory here. As cool as it is, I feel like we could get so much more. Any thoughts?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Cape Sorrow

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I wish I could respond by giving you an entire chapter of information regarding the backstory there. In reality, I don't have one.

I do create different factions and organizations with histories and backstories. I actually have a lot of backstory to the wizards towers and the competition. I have some additional backstory to the Thieves' Arcadia, and lots of tidbits on various other groups of people in Eschalon.

Cape Sorrow was nothing more than just an idea. That doesn't mean a backstory couldn't exist; it just hasn't been written yet. :wink:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

So it's like Stonehenge. A monument left by a people long forgotten for a purpose we can only guess at. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I wish I could respond by giving you an entire chapter of information regarding the backstory there. In reality, I don't have one.

I do create different factions and organizations with histories and backstories. I actually have a lot of backstory to the wizards towers and the competition. I have some additional backstory to the Thieves' Arcadia, and lots of tidbits on various other groups of people in Eschalon.

Cape Sorrow was nothing more than just an idea. That doesn't mean a backstory couldn't exist; it just hasn't been written yet. :wink:
Any chance this backstory information will be provided in Book III, or made available through the user's manual or other means? I like worlds that have rich lore, and would love to read about these people and places I've visited in the game.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

MyGameCompany wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:I wish I could respond by giving you an entire chapter of information regarding the backstory there. In reality, I don't have one.

Any chance this backstory information will be provided in Book III, or made available through the user's manual or other means? I like worlds that have rich lore, and would love to read about these people and places I've visited in the game.
I think the point is that a 'Cape Sorrow backstory' isn't necessarily very likely to come from BW, but that it could come from one of us.

So, if anyone is thinking about doing your own 'mod' based around Cape Sorrow (and its origins), here's your chance!... :wink:
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Actually, I wasn't referring to Cape Sorrow, but rather to the backstory information that BW admitted he had, like for the wizards' towers, Thieves' Arcadia, etc. Whatever BW has, I wanna read it! :D
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Skid
Initiate

Post by Skid »

Same goes here. I love detailed backstories. I think when the editor is released, someone (quite possibly me) might make a "Necromancer's Lair" underneath. Maybe with more information on the place. Some Thieve's Arcadia stuff would be nice, too... :roll:
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

IJBall wrote:I think the point is that a 'Cape Sorrow backstory' isn't necessarily very likely to come from BW, but that it could come from one of us.
Hey, everybody! Fanfiction time! :mrgreen:
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Arkos wrote: Hey, everybody! Fanfiction time! :mrgreen:
Where's Crazy Bernie when we need him?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Painted Lady wrote:
Arkos wrote: Hey, everybody! Fanfiction time! :mrgreen:
Where's Crazy Bernie when we need him?
<sigh> CB went and got himself married and had a child, so games are not high on his priority list. I do miss his fanfiction.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.