On "non-fantasy" PnP Game

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Skid
Initiate

On "non-fantasy" PnP Game

Post by Skid »

Any pen-and-paper medieval RPGs you know of with no fantasy elements? As much as I like fantasy/sci-fi, I also have an avid interest in the Middle Ages. I've also been really getting into Bernard Cornwell's medieval historical fiction, which is quite good, although not for the faint of heart. I suppose I could just modify DnD, or Basic Fantasy which is what I use now.
Nevermore
Marshall

Re: On "non-fantasy" PnP Game

Post by Nevermore »

If you like Medieval Ages you can run RuneQuest\Legend system with Stupor Mundi, about between 1214 and 1274 A.D setting.

http://alephtargames.com/index.php?opti ... 57&lang=en

Another roleplaying gamesnon-fantasy are Call of Ctlhulhu and Vampire The Masquerade/the Requiem
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

There's always GURPS. You can run a straight medieval game as realistic as you want, but be warned: the middle ages weren't actually that much fun.
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

SpottedShroom wrote:There's always GURPS. You can run a straight medieval game as realistic as you want, but be warned: the middle ages weren't actually that much fun.
Yes, it's not like the movies. Disease, famine, and everyone's covered in crap.
Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

SpottedShroom wrote:There's always GURPS. You can run a straight medieval game as realistic as you want, but be warned: the middle ages weren't actually that much fun.
Correct.

Also I will run a 4th edition campaign of Gurps with space opera setting this weeks.