Dragons?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Ssschah
Council Member

Dragons?

Post by Ssschah »

Me and my friend were playing Eschalon Book II when we suddenly wondered, if towards the end of the game the blacksmiths in Picaroon and Durnore sell dragon skin armor, where do they get it from? Are dragons still living in Eschalon? My conclusions have lead me to believe there aren't because in the archives under Port Kuudad there is a skeleton of a dragon and it says it was found in an archeology site in Barrean as if dragons have been dead for hundreds or even thousands of years. If this is true, where do the shopkeepers get their dragonskin equipment from? I'm mostly curious because it'd be neat if there was a dragon or two in the third game...
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Dragons?

Post by SpottedShroom »

I always assumed that the armor you find in the game was really old. High quality, semi-magical stuff tends to stick around fantasy worlds long after the means to make it are gone - see for example valyrian steel in the Song of Ice & Fire setting.

And yes, hints have been dropped about actual dragons appearing in Book III. I'd give it better than even odds.