Bronze puzzle

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Bronze puzzle

Post by Painted Lady »

I am currently doing a play-through based on Vroquen's idea of combining a True Mage and a Pacifist. It has been a ton of fun - as well as challenging. I do, however, have one question. Does anyone know if you can complete the bronze puzzle without having the Heavy Armour attribute?

I don't want to post unnecessary spoilers, but I am having trouble finding two of the required pieces of equipment. A True Mage can only use Light Armour, and I don't want to continue camping for a week at a time so the stores can reset their inventory if it's a hopeless cause.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Bronze puzzle

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I believe it is possible. It's just REALLY hard to find bronze studded boots and gloves. I've never bothered waiting that long.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

=) Glad to see I've converted you. Anyway, I was unaware that it was possible ( believe Kreador before me though). I'm not sure for food, but it's not to bad to just sleep through an entire week in your house, with the well right outside.
I ended up doing that quite often with my mage, just casting create food every morning until I was out of mana.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I'm doing my sleeping in Port Kuudad. The way I have been able to regain the income that normally comes from dropped enemy weapons has been to sell foraged ingredients. Since you can't forage at home (or in an inn), sleeping in a corner in Port K has served double duty.

I just finished Hammerlorne at level 9 and am about to head to Farthamurk. Really, really wish I could finish the Bronze Puzzle. The Heavy Armour restriction for a True Mage is killing me!
TheGlyphstone
Pledge

Post by TheGlyphstone »

Related to this, but is it correct to assume that Untouchable (no armor equipped challenge) makes it impossible to complete the Bronze puzzle? Or are there Bronze items that don't give Armor rating?
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

All Bronze clothing items are either Light or Heavy Armour - unfortunately.
TheGlyphstone
Pledge

Post by TheGlyphstone »

Phooie. So I'm down to either editing my way into the secret room, editing in a copy of the book, or just forgoing it entirely. I'm trying a 'most challenges completed at once' run - if I do it right, I can complete True Thief, True Mage, True Healer, Untouchable, Immaculate, Wealthy Lord, Hellbringer, and Jack of All Trades. It's going to involve a ton of grinding anyways, so I guess I can give up the 30K jackpot payment.