Fallout 3...Not what I expected..

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Fallout 3...Not what I expected..

Post by ttomm46 »

Hi
Just started playing it a few hours ago and doesn't really show what I expect in an rpg...It seem,s to be mostly a FPS with a lot of searching around,,Is it even worth playing?
I got the stategy guide but oh well.

I like a lot of playing with character attributes and this one seems limited..anyone finish this game..? :shock:
Last edited by ttomm46 on November 10th, 2013, 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Fallout 3...Not what I expected..

Post by deathknight1728 »

For me, first-person is out of the question unless its turn based. That means no morrowind, deus ex, system shock 2 or any other stuff. I know that some people like that but I don't. I find it confusing. When Basilisk Games comes out with their first person turn based party game, I will play it because Its turn based like the Quest and I can understand that and figure it out.

Fallout 3 I have played with a friend and he enjoyed it while I was just like meh. I'll give it this much, its ok but if you are into Fallout 1 and 2, its very tough to play because its nothing like it. The story and bad guys of Fallout 1 is simply some of the most memorable characters I have witnessed in a game.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

I hear you..took me two hours just to find my way out of the vault..I bet wandering around Megaton could take days.. :cry:
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Fallout 3's a fine game. It's just not a Fallout game. At least the VATS system means that you don't have to do (much) twitch combat. Fallout New Vegas has a much more Fallout-esque feel, but the VATS system was nerfed to the point where I wasn't able to play it.
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

Ok thank you! :D