Class feats!!!

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Leezar
Marshall

Class feats!!!

Post by Leezar »

Hello!!!

Is the suggestion box still open???

Because I have a suggestion; each class, such as warlock, priest, assasin, ranger etc should have a unique feat, that can be used once per (210/3 x level)+1 turns or so. By level, I mean that you can not spend in this "skill", it automatically increase by one for each level (and it also becomes more powerful each time).

For instance, the warlock would get a special vicious magic attack, priests would get an extra powerful bless spell, assasins would have 1x level % chance of a vicious strike, rangers would have an enchant arrows feat etc etc etc. This should of course replace the current alignment special effect - nobody really gives a shit about the virtuous, atheist and agnostic special effect anyways, so the choice is pretty much malicious or druidic.

Edit: Also whats up the lack of magic staffs? They should be lightweight and have shitty low damage, like they have now, but give +1-5 dmg or so whenever you use a certain spell.
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Class feats!!!

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Originally I was going to give spellcasters a "power drain" Skill Feat, similar to Weapon Feats. The Spellcaster could use a Feat to, in a single cast, double the power of the spell while doubling the mana cost. While testing this back during Book 2's production, it made a level-6 fireball turn into a "level-12 mini-nuclear weapon". It was just too powerful...but kind of badass. :wink:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Maybe double power but quadruple cost?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Originally I was going to give spellcasters a "power drain" Skill Feat, similar to Weapon Feats. The Spellcaster could use a Feat to, in a single cast, double the power of the spell while doubling the mana cost. While testing this back during Book 2's production, it made a level-6 fireball turn into a "level-12 mini-nuclear weapon". It was just too powerful...but kind of badass. :wink:
Kind of like theKnights of the Dinner Table nuclear winter fireball? :)
Morgan Terror
Steward

Post by Morgan Terror »

While i'm for the idea, i don't see why we'd remove alignment feats. More tweaking ftw!
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

Morgan Terror wrote:While i'm for the idea, i don't see why we'd remove alignment feats. More tweaking ftw!
Well, your alignment is baked into your job description. A druidic rogue becomes a shadowlark, a virtuous rogue becomes a rebel and a malicious rogue becomes an assasin, so teh druidic rogue would get some shadowlarky thing, like... ninja poison breath, and the virtuos rogue would get some rebellish thing like... uhhh... a barrage of throwing knives? and the evil rogue gets the vicious strike thingy.

Something unique for all classes, and naturally, warlocks would have the best feat.
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Leezar wrote:
Morgan Terror wrote:While i'm for the idea, i don't see why we'd remove alignment feats. More tweaking ftw!
Well, your alignment is baked into your job description. A druidic rogue becomes a shadowlark, a virtuous rogue becomes a rebel and a malicious rogue becomes an assasin, so teh druidic rogue would get some shadowlarky thing, like... ninja poison breath, and the virtuos rogue would get some rebellish thing like... uhhh... a barrage of throwing knives? and the evil rogue gets the vicious strike thingy.

Something unique for all classes, and naturally, warlocks would have the best feat.
Yes! That's a good idea IMO.

Here are some ideas for class feats:

Atheist Fighter (Mercenary) - Weapon feats are less effective, but come back faster
Druidic Fighter (Protector) - Shields are more effective
Virtuos Fighter (Paladin) - Wisdom+ (Suitable for Fighter-Divination builds)
Malicious Fighter (Umm...) - Sharp weapons deal more damage (sharp = swords, piercing)
Agnostic Fighter (Barbarian) - Higher endurance
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Lord_P wrote:Here are some ideas for class feats:

Atheist Fighter (Mercenary) - Weapon feats are less effective, but come back faster
Druidic Fighter (Protector) - Shields are more effective
Virtuos Fighter (Paladin) - Wisdom+ (Suitable for Fighter-Divination builds)
Malicious Fighter (Umm...) - Sharp weapons deal more damage (sharp = swords, piercing)
Agnostic Fighter (Barbarian) - Higher endurance
It's ideas like this why I hope BW will be somewhat willing to license the Book III engine to some of the people around here after Book III has been released for a while. The idea of "Class Feats" is too late to be added to Book III, and is not something that will be possible to create with the coming Book III map editor. But there have been various intriguing ideas for gameplay tweaks in the forums over the years like this (e.g. another example I liked was class-specific quests, though that one may be possible to do with just an advanced version of the Book III map editor...), and it would be cool if some of the more knowledgeable 'coders' around here could get a look at the Book III game engine to try some of them out...