Book III Release Date

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Book III Release Date

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Sorry, I've been so busy dealing with emails and such so I didn't post this here initially, but...

February 14, 2014

Press release can be viewed in the press release section. Beta testing will begin in early January, so watch for that announcement probably after Jan 1.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
ManusDei
Council Member

Re: Book III Release Date

Post by ManusDei »

Now I know what to ask my girlfriend for Valentine's Day.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

ManusDei wrote:Now I know what to ask my girlfriend for Valentine's Day.
To leave you alone for a few days?...

;)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Playing Eschalon: Book III in the evening after work on Valentine's Day will certainly ease the pain in knowing that nobody loves me.
I love you, bro.
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

IJBall wrote:
I was more thinking of her getting me a present...
And once I get it, I show her how much she was right by playing non stop for days :mrgreen:
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

ManusDei wrote:
IJBall wrote:
I was more thinking of her getting me a present...
And once I get it, I show her how much she was right by playing non stop for days :mrgreen:
Then when you finish the game, you notice that she left a few days ago. :)
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

Nahh, I'd realize it sooner, around food time or bed time (sometimes I'm glad she doesn't read nor speak English very well).
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Has a price been finalised?
US $19.95 on day 1.

The Steam version will go put online sometime after the first week, and it will be the same price, however Steam always run new games at an introductory price of 10%-25% off for the first 7 days or so.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

My mental process:
Oh, I can wait a week or two for 25% off! Wait, did I just say that? Of course I can't! Getting it on the first day it's available from BG.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: US $19.95 on day 1.
Will there be a change after day 1?
When I buy the game via Steam, then I cannot play the game without Steam, right? What I mean is: what would happen if Steam goes bankrupt? Then I would not be able to play the game anymore or would I? I know that this most probably will not happen, but who knows... I prefer to have a physical copy of a game and the possibility to play it without any other software bound to it... So the 25% off is more like a catch to me because the game is attached to Steam.

Maybe I am all wrong, but this is a thing I am a little worried about when buying from Steam... :?
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
tykinruoka
Initiate

Post by tykinruoka »

I like Steam as a service. It works great. But I prefer getting my games directly from the developer when it's possible.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk ?
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

Hmmm - wait a week and get it cheaper...

No, I want it now!

To heck with delayed gratification, U.S. $20 comes out something under €15, so it can be my Valentine's Day present to myself (nobody else to buy me one, sob sob) :mrgreen:

Season's greetings to all!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Calathon wrote:
The base price for the first year will be $19.95, but there will be regular sales. We'll run a summer sale along with Steam and GOG, as well as a holiday sale.

After the first year, the price of the game will probably settle at $14.95. Book 2 will be $9.95 and Book 1 will be $5.95.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Calathon wrote: When I buy the game via Steam, then I cannot play the game without Steam, right? What I mean is: what would happen if Steam goes bankrupt? Then I would not be able to play the game anymore or would I? I know that this most probably will not happen, but who knows... I prefer to have a physical copy of a game and the possibility to play it without any other software bound to it... So the 25% off is more like a catch to me because the game is attached to Steam.
Maybe I am all wrong, but this is a thing I am a little worried about when buying from Steam... :?
Not really BasiliskWrangler's fault, but if you were to buy the game from Steam, and somehow Steam were to go bankrupt, you would probably not be able to play the game any more. Steam however, owned by Valve, won't go bankrupt until Half-Life 3 comes out, and when it does, people will buy it through steam, making Steam no longer bankrupt.
Really, Valve going Bankrupt is not something you have to worry about for several decades.

On the other hand, if you buy it from Basilisk Games, you are ensured that, even if something awful happens to Basilisk Games, or Steam, you will be able to play your game.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

Calathon wrote:
When I buy the game via Steam, then I cannot play the game without Steam, right? What I mean is: what would happen if Steam goes bankrupt? Then I would not be able to play the game anymore or would I? I know that this most probably will not happen, but who knows... I prefer to have a physical copy of a game and the possibility to play it without any other software bound to it... So the 25% off is more like a catch to me because the game is attached to Steam.

Yeah, I agree. If I can't get it on disk then I won't get it at all.