Easter Eggs

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Tiavals
Initiate

Easter Eggs

Post by Tiavals »

I have already found the first Easter Egg in the game. Huzzah.

Found it upstairs of the inn in the ruined town where you begin at.[/img]
Amasius
Apprentice

Post by Amasius »

Yeah, I found that too. :lol:
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Likewise. So now the question is ... what is it good for?
moldar
Apprentice

Post by moldar »

GSV3MiaC wrote:Likewise. So now the question is ... what is it good for?
Well, I have located the place to "use" Easter Eggs, but I don't seem to have enough of them.

When you find the right place, it is rather obvious how to use them. However, getting a few more eggs may take me a while.

Feel free to private message me here for more details if you'd like.
Opunaesala
Apprentice

Post by Opunaesala »

moldar wrote:
GSV3MiaC wrote:Likewise. So now the question is ... what is it good for?
Well, I have located the place to "use" Easter Eggs, but I don't seem to have enough of them.

When you find the right place, it is rather obvious how to use them. However, getting a few more eggs may take me a while.

Feel free to private message me here for more details if you'd like.
Yeah, I found that too. It looks like we need 3 eggs for it to do whatever it does.
Tiavals
Initiate

Post by Tiavals »

Once you put the eggs in the item, you get a free level. I was expecting something more spectacular, but oh well.
AUDAN
Apprentice

Post by AUDAN »

Tiavals wrote:Once you put the eggs in the item, you get a free level. I was expecting something more spectacular, but oh well.
1 level up is 10 000 XP (a little later in the game), so it's quite fair award for the eggs.

Tiavals (or anyone), please telll me where are the other eggs. I finish the game (I will make new character in v1.03) and I explore almost everything (outdoor and indoor). Yeah ALMOST because obviosly I miss something since I got just 1 egg. But I explore so much that exploring again every bit of land without knowing even a clue where to search will be very harsh expirience for me :(

So please tell us where the Eggs are. Nevertheless very soon the net will be overflow with walkthroughs, so I don't see a problem to share your knowledge with us now.

Use Spoiler tags :) Or white font in a quote.
Loriac
Senior Steward

Post by Loriac »

AUDAN wrote:
Tiavals wrote:Once you put the eggs in the item, you get a free level. I was expecting something more spectacular, but oh well.
1 level up is 10 000 XP (a little later in the game), so it's quite fair award for the eggs.

Tiavals (or anyone), please telll me where are the other eggs. I finish the game (I will make new character in v1.03) and I explore almost everything (outdoor and indoor). Yeah ALMOST because obviosly I miss something since I got just 1 egg. But I explore so much that exploring again every bit of land without knowing even a clue where to search will be very harsh expirience for me :(

So please tell us where the Eggs are. Nevertheless very soon the net will be overflow with walkthroughs, so I don't see a problem to share your knowledge with us now.

Use Spoiler tags :) Or white font in a quote.
Eggs are found at:

One in the ruined tavern near where you start
One in the Ossuary (you need to solve the riddle of the 4 chests)
One in Rotwood, south of the Giant's village; you see a walled off enclosure with lots of spiders; fight through it to a door, beyond which is the chest you're looking for
AUDAN
Apprentice

Post by AUDAN »

Loriac wrote:Eggs are found at:

One in the ruined tavern near where you start
One in the Ossuary (you need to solve the riddle of the 4 chests)
One in Rotwood, south of the Giant's village; you see a walled off enclosure with lots of spiders; fight through it to a door, beyond which is the chest you're looking for
Thank you very much, Loriac :!:

P.S.
Sorry for my poor of content and unnecessary spaming post, but I just feel the urge to thanks the guy.
Delete my post if you decide !
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Loriac wrote: 1 level up is 10 000 XP (a little later in the game),
Actually at the end of the game (if you play long enough) it is 20k points..
AUDAN
Apprentice

Post by AUDAN »

GSV3MiaC wrote:
What was that remark for? :roll: I just said "a little later in the game" - I didn't say "untill the end".
It's obvious that I know the 20k step, because like I already said I personally reach lvl 17 (in 100 000 XP when the next level is 120 000).

Maybe you want to say that the eggs will be even more precious if a player can make 17 lvl AND can make it back to the Shadowmirk. Yes, that is right.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

AUDAN wrote:
GSV3MiaC wrote:
What was that remark for?
To add information to the information which you had already given. :roll:
Loriac
Senior Steward

Post by Loriac »

AUDAN wrote:Maybe you want to say that the eggs will be even more precious if a player can make 17 lvl AND can make it back to the Shadowmirk. Yes, that is right.
Portal is your friend here - set one up when you go to Shadowmirk, then don't change it until you're ready to go back. Set up a return portal wherever you are currently, activate the Shadowmirk portal, level up, and return. Total journey time less than one minute :wink:
AUDAN
Apprentice

Post by AUDAN »

GSV3MiaC wrote:
AUDAN wrote:
GSV3MiaC wrote: Actually at the end of the game (if you play long enough) it is 20k points..
What was that remark for?
To add information to the information which you had already given. :roll:
In that case (when you "just adding") you can write "And at the end of the game...", instead of "Actually" like in "Actually, Audan is not right" :) Not hard feelings though ;)
Loriac wrote:Portal is your friend here
Yeah I know about your aptitude to Portals. :P I read the topic about your adventures in the Vault Prison :shock: :lol: Nice work :mrgreen:

Thanks for the hint - with the new character I'll try to manage at least 18 lvl this time (with eggs and Portal). Maybe even 21 with some Dehex spell :wink:
El'Lorien
Initiate

Post by El'Lorien »

I don't usually use any cheats, but now I really, really, really wish I knew how to spawn just ONE easter egg. I accidentally sold the first one (stupid me) in the beginning of the game... :cry:
I am level 12 now and I am not going to restart the game because of one botched quest, but still... ARGH... The pain...