Eschalon Book games autorun install launcher.

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Harkonan
Pledge

Eschalon Book games autorun install launcher.

Post by Harkonan »

I thought I'd share this incase anyone else would like it. Basically it's just a simple launcher which can be used as an autorun to start the installer for either Eschalon Book 1, 2 or 3.

Clicking on an image will start the appropriate installer and exit the launcher.

The installers will have to be named "Eschalon Book 1.exe", "Eschalon Book 2.exe" and "Eschalon Book 3.exe" and be in the same folder as the launcher exe for them to be started by the launcher when the image is clicked. The launcher can be renamed to whatever you want, like autorun.exe

Here's an image of each to help explain and so you know what they look like, click the image for a full sized view.

http://en.file-upload.net/download-8422 ... r.rar.html

There are two separate launchers for obvious and other reasons, they are both included in this small download. If you get an error message when clicking an image in the launcher it means it couldn't find the appropriate Eschalon Book installer, as described above.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: Eschalon Book games autorun install launcher.

Post by raverdave2k »

Very nice, will use this to make myself a backup CD once 3 is released, now who has some case art work I can use? :D
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Harkonan
Pledge

Re: Eschalon Book games autorun install launcher.

Post by Harkonan »

raverdave2k wrote:Very nice, will use this to make myself a backup CD once 3 is released, now who has some case art work I can use? :D
Glad someone likes it :) I'm just using it on an iso (disc image) which I'm hoping to add Book 3 to once I see it on GOG with the others.

Unfortunately I'm no good at making cover art and it seems hard to find any for Eschalon Book, though I remember seeing a photo of some posted on basiliskgames.com, I think it was an official post or news.

Perhaps Basilisk Games themselves could make the cover art available for download for people who bought it digitaly that want to make themselves DVD boxes.

Some kind of trilogy box art would be great.