A bit of Launch Day info

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

A bit of Launch Day info

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Book 3 will be available on launch day for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. It will be available on Steam, GoG, and our own site here.

GoG and Steam will likely have 10% discounts for the first week. We won't. We encourage you to purchase the game on whichever service you enjoy most. If you buy it from Steam it will help boost our popularity ranking, which will lead to more sales, so don't worry about it loosing money for us.

Now then, because we are launching all platforms on the same day, on three different websites, please be aware that future updates will be MUCH slower than they were in the past. For Book 1 & 2, we could push out multiple updates quickly during the first month, but with Book 3 it will take a ton more effort to support all the versions out there.

However, we can update our Basilisk Games version just as easily as in the past, and so if you buy it from us we'll likely update the game more quickly/frequently. New versions from Basilisk Games will likely be a couple weeks ahead of new versions on Steam and GoG.

Many will ask: if I buy the game from you can I get a free Steam code? The answer is NO, not initially. We will be swamped with support issues and other correspondence, and we will not have time to send out 1000+ individual Steam codes to people who bought the game form us, so please don't ask. If you want the best of both worlds, honestly, just buy it both places. Our wait for a summer sale and grab a second copy for 30%-50% off.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Calathon
Marshall

Re: A bit of Launch Day info

Post by Calathon »

I do not know if this is relevant, but when I hover over the various paying options of EB: III on http://basiliskgames.com/purchase the pop-up reads "Purchase Eschalon: Book II (two)".
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Oh, good catch. That was a copy-n-paste job, so it still linked back to the Book II purchase page.

Wouldn't want to upset people by thinking they were getting Book III 3 days early!

All fixed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:I'm sure 99.9% of people don't care about this but Eschalon is spelt incorrectly when you hover over one of the five boxes underneath the price for Book II.
Thanks PM!
tibun
Initiate

Post by tibun »

How this is going to be solved ( I mean updates) if I will buy from BASILISK directly (not from STEAM) - as I did not play previous games (not updated) - is it going to be updated using patch or in-game updater? Couple of weeks is a lot so majority of players will prob. buy from You guys anyway.
VereorNox
Initiate

Post by VereorNox »

I've bought Eschalon I and II on Mac Appstore. Will Echalon III be on it as well?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

tibun wrote:How this is going to be solved ( I mean updates) if I will buy from BASILISK directly (not from STEAM) - as I did not play previous games (not updated) - is it going to be updated using patch or in-game updater? Couple of weeks is a lot so majority of players will prob. buy from You guys anyway.
Updates from us come as new downloads of the whole game. It's not an overly large game and generally its a painless download for most people. Your Registration Code will unlock each new version. Steam and GoG have their own updating system, of course, which works similarly but more automated.
VereorNox wrote:I've bought Eschalon I and II on Mac Appstore. Will Echalon III be on it as well?
Absolutely, yes. But the Mac App Store has a 3-4 week approval process and we just finished the game up last night. It will probably not be on the App Store for a few weeks.
kallman89
Pledge

Post by kallman89 »

Most imporant info tho...what time will it be released at your site =D?
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

kallman89 wrote:Most imporant info tho...what time will it be released at your site =D?
This is a question that I've been thinking about too. Not that I'm excited about the launch or anything, but if I'm roaming around in the wee hours of the morning I might want to start the download if it's possible to do so.
Opalitic
Pledge

Post by Opalitic »

Steam release seems to be on the 15th day. Am I right to assume that Book III will release the 14th on basiliskgames/purchase? Any timeframe for the release?