Force Appropriate Aspect Ratio?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book III
Corlain
Apprentice

Force Appropriate Aspect Ratio?

Post by Corlain »

It's strange, I haven't run into this problem with Book I & Book II (I re-installed them in the last month in anticipation of Book III, YAY!), but for some reason Book III is not respecting the 4:3 aspect ratio. Instead it's stretching to fill the full screen (which makes everything look odd since the game is 4:3 and my display is 16:10).

Is there a setting somewhere with regard to the game where I can force it to respect the 4:3 aspect ratio? I wonder why this is affecting Book III but not the other two.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Force Appropriate Aspect Ratio?

Post by IJBall »

Corlain wrote:It's strange, I haven't run into this problem with Book I & Book II (I re-installed them in the last month in anticipation of Book III, YAY!), but for some reason Book III is not respecting the 4:3 aspect ratio. Instead it's stretching to fill the full screen (which makes everything look odd since the game is 4:3 and my display is 16:10).

Is there a setting somewhere with regard to the game where I can force it to respect the 4:3 aspect ratio? I wonder why this is affecting Book III but not the other two.
This actually may not be a "Book III issue", but instead an issue with your operating system - perhaps there's something that's set wonky in the Monitors & Displays control panel?... Just a thought.
Corlain
Apprentice

Post by Corlain »

Might be, but why would if impact Book III and not Book I nor Book II?
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

In Book III's manual one of the first things explained is how to set your monitor to respect the aspect ratio.

Maybe you can even figure it out without looking at the manual, but you definitely need to go into the settings of your system and then into display settings and tick a box about preserving aspect ratio.
Of course, sometimes it spontaneously preserves that aspect ratio, and on other occasions not... has been the case for me as well.