I killed an important npc

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
geek
Pledge

I killed an important npc

Post by geek »

Hello. Wanted to see if there is a way to get an npc back. I accidentally killed Shepard Nickolas and now I need him to complete a quest. Advice would be wonderful. Thanks!
Ssschah
Council Member

Re: I killed an important npc

Post by Ssschah »

He's not an essential character. If you need to get into you knowwhere, find a way behind the church to the graveyard and click all the gravestones. However if you want to complete his quest, I can't help you any further.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

You could add him back with the map editor: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8963

There's also a technique for "resetting" a map to its original configuration. Save your game on some other map, and then delete the 4849.map and 4849.ent files. When you load it and return to Moonrise, it will be as though you'd never been before. Obviously this is cheating since it lets you double-loot containers and things.
geek
Pledge

Post by geek »

Awesome. Both great answers. I am just attempting to gain entry because I fought back after he attacked me. I must've stole something of his. :roll: Thanks guys!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

geek wrote:I must've stole something of his. :roll: Thanks guys!
I kept accidentally doing that this game too. I swear I killed at least 15 guards trying to stop me from robbing people (namely the final guards trying to stop me from stealing from some Barrean Warlord who thinks he's all that).

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Vroqren wrote: I kept accidentally doing that this game too. I swear I killed at least 15 guards trying to stop me from robbing people (namely the final guards trying to stop me from stealing from some Barrean Warlord who thinks he's all that).
I solved that problem by killing them all first. :twisted: