Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Post by Farwalker »

Randomizer wrote:If you do the kill Akadia Kingspwan fight and start 4 tiles away, the dreadtrolls may not get released.
Yep, took him out with a Powder Keg, they were not released.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Here's one that repeatably hard crashes the game.

In Moonrise I went to Mitza's place and decided to check out her back room.

If Mitza is beside you (and hostile because she's seen you trying to pick her door), and you pick locks the game will completely crash and shut down as she attacks you.

I've confirmed this both picking her door and picking the chest in her back room, same thing happens.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Some typos, all to do with the last dialogue of the game:
[+] SPOILER
"The creature extends his head forward a bit more, bringing his snout within an arms reach of you." Should be 'arm's reach'.

"The explosion is immenent." Should be 'imminent'.

"They will truely be out-of-place in this strange new world." Should be 'truly'.

"...they devised a machine to travel to back in time." The second 'to' needs out.

"...and so the four Crux stones were each hid in different corners of the world." Should be 'hidden'.

"More so, he fears that by creating a time line loop, the other Orkaur..." Should be 'Orakur'.

"I don't have to go out and hunt for my dinner where every would-be-hero in Eschalon would try to slay me for a fleeing moment of fame and glory. " The expression is 'a fleeting moment'.

"I believe Alundar has likely forgot that he even possesses this gemstone."
Should be 'forgotten'.

And then in the end text Erubor says: "I have not the resources nor the motivation to fight for future of this world..." Should be 'to fight for the future of this world'.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Farwalker wrote:Here's one that repeatably hard crashes the game...
That confirms an earlier report: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8984.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

KillingMoon wrote:
Farwalker wrote:Here's one that repeatably hard crashes the game...
That confirms an earlier report: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8984.
Apologies, missed or forgot about that report.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

"Basilisk" is missing the "k" in the watermark on the congratulations page at the end. :wink:
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Near the end, talking to Karamiklan, a dialogue option pops up "I have two Crux Stones..."

The amusing thing was, I only had one Crux Stone, the one I started the game with. Finished the game that way too. Not sure that possibility was intended...
sgrex
Initiate

Post by sgrex »

When equipping the special hammer Bonedust, it's invisible in my character sprite.

Unqeupping and re-equipping doesn't fix it, and I have leveled bludgeoning weapons, so I know I can use it

That's what my current Fighter looks like when holding, left to right, some bow, some small axe, and Bonedust. Looks like I'm unarmed. Damage calculation seems to be correct though, only a graphics problem (The picture looks a bit weird because it was hard to see so I zoomed in)

Linux/Steam version
Attachments
bonedust
bonedust
bug_zoom.png (86.15 KiB) Viewed 19677 times
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Am I crazy? - In Book II, in the Narration Window, when Mobs attacked, there would be text accompanying their attacks, words along the lines of "Abyssal Spider flings a frozen mass of web at you." Etc. This kind of text accompanying Mob attacks has been completely absent in all of Book III - is this by design? is it supposed to be like this? Or is this a bug?

The problem with the game only giving you Copper material weapons (the lowest and worst material type) at all points in the game's playthrough has already been mentioned elsewhere.

I could swear I found something else in my playthrough this morning, but I'm blanking on it... If I remember, I will come back here and edit this post.
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

IJBall wrote:Am I crazy? - In Book II, in the Narration Window, when Mobs attacked, there would be text accompanying their attacks, words along the lines of "Abyssal Spider flings a frozen mass of web at you." Etc. This kind of text accompanying Mob attacks has been completely absent in all of Book III - is this by design? is it supposed to be like this? Or is this a bug?
Must be a bug, I got those throughout the entire game.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Ssschah wrote:
IJBall wrote:Am I crazy? - In Book II, in the Narration Window, when Mobs attacked, there would be text accompanying their attacks, words along the lines of "Abyssal Spider flings a frozen mass of web at you." Etc. This kind of text accompanying Mob attacks has been completely absent in all of Book III - is this by design? is it supposed to be like this? Or is this a bug?
Must be a bug, I got those throughout the entire game.
Very weird. I may try restarting my system to see if it makes a difference. Or it's possible that this 'bug' only affects Mac OS 10.6.8 systems?(!)... Anyway, it's weird that only I'm seeing this(?!).

Oh, and I remembered the other 'bug' I found this morning - let's talk Arrow prices!!:
  • Arrow (regular) - Base Damage: [not listed! - 0? or 1?...], Value: 1 gp
  • Silver Arrow (+1 Damage) - Base Damage: 1, Value 1 gp(!!!)
  • Flight Arrow - Base Damage: 1, Value: 2 gp
  • Steel Arrow - Base Damage: 2, Value: 3 gp
  • Mithril Arrow - Base Damage: 3, Value: 4 gp
  • Diamond-head Arrow - Base Damage: 4, Value: 5 gp
Unless I'm missing something, I'm guessing the price of a Silver Arrow is in error?! (If not, it's the greatest Arrow deal, ever!!! :twisted: )

Based on the above, I'd say the +1 Silver Arrow should be priced at 2-5 gps, probably at the "higher" end if it's considered to be a "Magick" weapon...
Aldbeski
Marshall

Post by Aldbeski »

I as well found a few typos scattered through out the game and I still haven't finished yet !!
Also this bug : if you accept the leader of the akadai's offer and he gives you that glad or gal or something like that.. and then attack him. Here is what happens
1. The doors will only open if he touches you and by doors I mean the doors leading to the two trolls and the two chests., after you kill them all you fing another "gal or glad"... glitch I think??
2. You take the leader's head and head underground you find another head and then the dialog tells you to trick alunder whit this head and the quest is complete?? WTF??
Isn't the leader's head good enough or something..

Something worth fixing bw.
Plus I encountered another bug early on I just forgao what it was .. sorry about that.
P.s : excuse my bad English

Didn't reach my expectations (Eschalon Book 3)>> But Still, A Great Game nevertheless
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

sgrex wrote:When equipping the special hammer Bonedust, it's invisible in my character sprite.
Unqeupping and re-equipping doesn't fix it, and I have leveled bludgeoning weapons, so I know I can use it
That's what my current Fighter looks like when holding, left to right, some bow, some small axe, and Bonedust. Looks like I'm unarmed. Damage calculation seems to be correct though, only a graphics problem
Linux/Steam version
I can confirm that this also happens on the Steam/Mac version. Don't have pictures, but sure enough - my character doesn't appear to carry anything.
Aldbeski wrote: 1. The doors will only open if he touches you and by doors I mean the doors leading to the two trolls and the two chests., after you kill them all you fing another "gal or glad"... glitch I think??
2. You take the leader's head and head underground you find another head and then the dialog tells you to trick alunder whit this head and the quest is complete?? WTF??
Isn't the leader's head good enough or something..
It's not really a glitch. He gives you a gland only if you say you won't kill him. When you backstab him anyway, the doors open, and the chest is there with a gland so that those who never said they would be nice to him can still go into the Underground room. I don't think that BW can change the loot of a predetermined chest because of chat options chosen.
When you tell the King that you won't kill him, the game thinks okay: backup is to use the head in the crypt. Even if you then proceed to kill him, the quest is completed by obtaining the head from the crypt, as the game doesn't recognize that you have the other head.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Jaymann
Apprentice

Post by Jaymann »

Farwalker wrote: Way cool!

Took me a while to get into this place, my spell capabilities are really low. I managed this a different way, using Powder Kegs.
Spotted Shroom's approach is better, he should be able to take one of the chests and still flip the four improve switches.
I tried kegs on both the 2 initial levers and on the 4 improve thyself ones, and both times it only tripped the first one.
hakea
Apprentice

Post by hakea »

rikus wrote:I hope you guys won't kill me, because this bug can give you infinite money.
Which might have ruined my game, so I'm using it only once.
Here it is you slackers:
When you kill the scorpions at rock hammer mine, you can get the 300gols from the dwarf there(forgot his name) every time you start the dialogue.

Actually it's a bit more complicated than that…. and using it will lock you out of an area you might like to access. I found this out the hard way, but it seems that this is how it actually works:
[+] SPOILER
That only works if you kill all the scorpions BEFORE talking to him and getting his quest to do the job. You can then report that you've cleared them out (before he asks you to) and the dialogue option to tell him over and over again stays there indefinitely. So you can keep scamming him for as much as you like.

If you get the quest first it works as normal, and you only get one shot at the 300gold.

BUT - and it's quite a big BUT - his quest will then never officially close and you won't then ever get access to level 2 of the mine. :(

You need to finish both quests to clear the bugs out (Logi's and the roaches for the guy back in Rockhammer) before the gate will open to let you down. So it's a choice - either some free gold or some more XP and a few goodies.

I accidentally discovered the gold bug on my first run through the game (now on the 3rd..) and therefore not realising that there even was a level 2 at the mine that you could access, until I saw people referring to it here. Ah well, not a big deal either way and both ways were kind of fun… :wink: