Witch's house chest puzzle

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Witch's house chest puzzle

Post by Vroqren »

The results should be visible immediately. Are you sure that the combined weight of everything in that chest is exactly 5 lbs.?

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
HALgamer
Initiate

Post by HALgamer »

yes- I put in a water flask that I set to exactly 5 pounds. Is there anything else in the game that helps trigger this? It's not on any quest.
hakea
Apprentice

Post by hakea »

HALgamer wrote:yes- I put in a water flask that I set to exactly 5 pounds. Is there anything else in the game that helps trigger this? It's not on any quest.
Maybe try taking the flask out and making the weight up another way with a few items. There are several with exact weights in lbs. It might work? You should see the effect right away
[+] SPOILER
as it opens a panel in the wall right next to the chest.
hakea
Apprentice

Post by hakea »

mrnobodie wrote:Well, that's deceptively simple. I never would of figured that out. Whoever came up with that needs a pat on the back & a punch in the nose.
:mrgreen:

Nice one mate. I'll have to steal that.
HALgamer
Initiate

Post by HALgamer »

I tried some different combinations that add to 5 pounds. Nothing happens. Does something else trigger this? Do I need to do something else before this will trigger?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

HALgamer wrote:I tried some different combinations that add to 5 pounds. Nothing happens. Does something else trigger this? Do I need to do something else before this will trigger?
I used arrows.

If you aren't triggering this, and you've definitely emptied out the chest before you tried to put anything back in, it definitely seems like a bug.

I'd zip up your Save Game folder for where you are in the game right now, and E-mail it to BW (support --AT-- basiliskgames -DOT- com...)
HALgamer
Initiate

Post by HALgamer »

I also tries arrows, but nothing happened. It's working for others, so I don't know what would be different with my game. I'll send them the save slot data.
HALgamer
Initiate

Post by HALgamer »

I sent them the saved slot data. I'll post an update when it gets figured out.
Solar
Initiate

Post by Solar »

I actually solved it by accident, attempting to put 5 different items in to it but the first two together were exactly 5 pounds so I got lucky. No idea how long it'd have taken me to figure it out otherwise.
HALgamer
Initiate

Post by HALgamer »

I've attached a pix as requested after I put the 5 lb water flask in the chest. Nothing happens no matter which combination. I sent Basilisk my save file and they said they would look at it and get back, but I've heard nothing. I guess I'll just have to skip this area.
HALgamer
Initiate

Post by HALgamer »

eb3_screen0 copy3.png
eb3_screen0 copy3.png (166.03 KiB) Viewed 8277 times
Had to downsize file and crop to make it legible (almost)
Last edited by HALgamer on February 24th, 2014, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALgamer
Initiate

Post by HALgamer »

I just tried walking all over the house. There is no door or opening to pass thru. Where exactly does it open in the house? The rooms behind the chest were all open before I figured out what to put in the chest.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

That slot in the wall right next to the chest. THat allows access to the back room where you can either blow up or cast fireball on the Ceramic jar.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

HALgamer wrote:I just tried walking all over the house. There is no door or opening to pass thru. Where exactly does it open in the house? The rooms behind the chest were all open before I figured out what to put in the chest.
HA! You must have had 5 pounds of stuff randomly in the chest when you arrived at the hut, then, or at some point you had put in 5 pounds and not noticed the door open the first time.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
salsaman
Initiate

Post by salsaman »

This is unfair ! I smashed the chest and walked onto the metal plate. I am sure I weigh more than 5 pounds.

:evil:

Edit: oh I see, it has to be exact !
Last edited by salsaman on March 7th, 2014, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.