Powder kegs

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Powder kegs

Post by AK_Marty »

There are many places to use powder kegs in the game, but I seem to not be finding as many kegs to use as I would like.
Where is the best place to find powder kegs? The tavern keeper in Old Moonrise has a couple fused kegs on occasion, but a more plentiful source would be nice.
Any suggestions?? :?
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Powder kegs

Post by SpottedShroom »

There are a lot in the mine - I never really ran out of those. There are also a bunch with Crazy Bernard, which you actually can save many of, or at least you could in the beta. And be glad you can buy them in shops at all - that wasn't the case in Book II!

Oh, and you can use Fireball in some of the places that call for a powder keg, as long as there's something targetable nearby. And if you know Graven Idol, probably anywhere that calls for a powder keg.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Weeping Mountian has 1
Rock Hammer Mine Level 1 has 3
Rock Hammer Mine Level 2 has 7
Southern Boglands has 3
Baasilt Dunes has 3
Elderoak Forest has 2
Castle by the Sea has 1 if you have fireball :)
Castle by the Sea Ruined Castle Dungeon has 3
Oceana Lowlands has 3
Macross Point has 1
Valley of the Wanderer has 2
Akadai Underworld has 1

Deadman's Strand has one that survives Crazy Bernard, but you need a keg or fireball and some care to get it. :)
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

Thanks for the information folks!
When I saw the picture in the "Skelly Farm" post, I wondered where he found all those kegs.
Alaska Marty
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

You can get all of them by Crazie Bernie. Use Demon Oil 1 to take out the fences, pick up and take away what you can, and repeat. There are 10 kegs available.

Sadly I haven't found a way to save Bernie though. The keg he lights is invisible, blocking off its space, until he lights it. Then it appears, and I haven't found a way to cancel the fuse, protect him, etc. At least not yet.

Best place to buy powder kegs is the tavern in Old Moonrise. Second best is the tavern in New Moonrise. That's for the kegs without fuses. Much easier to find them with fuses (too bad I can't use an alchemy recipe in reverse to take the fuses off), just check at Macross Point.

There are also:
2 in the Wrecked Ship (Level 2)
At least 4 in the Omentor Temple, but 2 of these may be impossible to get (haven't explored all the Temple yet)

Hey Randomizer, it appears I missed one in the Southern Boglands - is that where you had to use one to get to one? I have the ones at 34,85 and 16,27 in my notes.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Farwalker wrote:You can get all of them by Crazie Bernie. Use Demon Oil 1 to take out the fences, pick up and take away what you can, and repeat. There are 10 kegs available.
Oh, Demon Oil burns down fences? That's good to know. I'll admit your method of rescuing Bernie's kegs is more economical, but mine using kegs to get kegs was more fun :)
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

SpottedShroom wrote:
Farwalker wrote:You can get all of them by Crazie Bernie. Use Demon Oil 1 to take out the fences, pick up and take away what you can, and repeat. There are 10 kegs available.
Oh, Demon Oil burns down fences? That's good to know. I'll admit your method of rescuing Bernie's kegs is more economical, but mine using kegs to get kegs was more fun :)
Bernie would say using kegs is always more fun! :D
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

The Southern Boglands are the 2 in the Wrecked Ship and one in the Seawarden's Guild near the entrance. I forgot about the other one that was to the west of the Seawarden's Guild.

It was possible in the betas to keep Crazy Bernard alive. Then you could keep going through the dialog over and over.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Might be funny to make a mod called "Save Bernie", making it possible to save him and letting that open up a mini-adventure of some kind.
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

Thank you Farwalker for the demon oil pro tip! I drooled over all those kegs wishing I could save them 8)
Alaska Marty
MarieM
Initiate

Post by MarieM »

I have found 3 crop up in random treasure! :lol:
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

MarieM wrote:I have found 3 crop up in random treasure! :lol:
I never found any in a chest or barrel, you have better luck than I do! :D
Alaska Marty
Glossome
Apprentice

Post by Glossome »

Yeah, I've seen both fused and non-fused show up in chests/barrels, but never in any loot drops from enemies.

Shoot, I didn't know Demon Oil would take out fences either!