A Cheater

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

A Cheater

Post by Vroqren »

Well, I thought of an excellent idea for a build, and I have to do it fast. I want to build a character that is designed specifically to abuse any and every exploit in the game. No others goals (except to become filthy rich by abusing, and to win of course).
Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time thinking of more than 1 of the exploits (getting 300 gold from Logi over and over again). What are some other exploits I can abuse for this build, and what should I name this manipulative jerk?

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Sinathor
Initiate

Re: A Cheater

Post by Sinathor »

I think Supernova is in itself a one big exploit :D So, definitely Supernova spam. Everywhere.
Gods take this prayer of my last tragic epilogue
Concealed between the bleeding walls of my suffering
And bless the sword that's gonna slay
The beast that I confined into myself
To transmigrate and live forevermore

My Steam profile.
okashii
Senior Steward

Post by okashii »

Does skipping content counts? You can complete the game with only one crux and two widgets.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Sinathor wrote:I think Supernova is in itself a one big exploit :D So, definitely Supernova spam. Everywhere.
Ah yes - I will use supernova and/or powder kegs to get all of the levers that lock any other levers.
[+] SPOILER
Namely the skill/attribute area, and the Mages Guild (or whatever it's called).

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

I think the ultimate REAL cheat that is not just GODMODE would be pretty simple.

reroll dice to start game with pretty decent endurance and str and wisdom.

then upon start of game, savegame.

go into utility. give yourself all 14 in anything you did not level to 14, which you could do by rolling if you had infinte time. it is only a billion to something chanced to roll all 14. then give yourself a score of 8 in every non-combat ability that you can spend money to train, because you know all that really requires is not skill in this game but just grinding to save money, walking, going to trainers. you have done it in past, why waste time? you are going to buy them, you do so with money you grind, you are just cutting back on grinding ;) :twisted: :mrgreen: 8)

so get lore 8, mercantile 8, pick lock 8, alchemy 8, medicine 8, meditation 8, cartography 8, forage 8.

this leaves you to buy armor, combat, and magic from trainers because cheating on those skills will overpower the game take you to godmode. and if you were grinding you usually spend money on the noncombat skills and put all your real skill points in magic or combat.

now set off for town. you don't have to worry about going to trainers and can focus on killing stuff and fnding loot rather than grinding for cash to buy skills. that is the ultimate cheat in eschalon if you ask me.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
tungprc
Marshall

Post by tungprc »

Go back to your last save in Book II and give the money your character had at the end of that game to yourself via the editor. Now play the game as normal, but with the hard-earned cash from previous adventuring. This is the cheat I made up to use :)
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

how do you give yourself cash gold in utility. the editor says that row 10 has a reserve space for gold but it don't see place to edit the count.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

On the first row of tabs select "Items" then on the second row "Misc items", the second box on that page is your gold count, and that's my actual gold count, no cheating involved, think it's the richest I've ever been in any of the Eschalon games (no doubt I'm sure someone will be along to tell me it's pocket change)
Editor.JPG
Editor.JPG (43.73 KiB) Viewed 10613 times
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

:P Let me rephrase:
I want to build a character that's based on exploiting bugs that are currently in the game, not cheat using the editor or any other tools.
I'm still at a loss for a good name though. Lance Armstrong? Or is that too soon?

hakea
Apprentice

Post by hakea »

Vroqren wrote::P Let me rephrase:
I want to build a character that's based on exploiting bugs that are currently in the game, not cheat using the editor or any other tools.
I'm still at a loss for a good name though. Lance Armstrong? Or is that too soon?
:mrgreen:

No that name's perfect. And there's your exploit format too - buy yourself a massive stock of potions to keep yourself comfortably 'ahead of the game' as it were - and then keep on scamming all the gold you can. Should be able to beat the game... oh, about seven times at a guess...

I wonder how one might go doing pretty much the opposite though? Build a character who tried to get through in the minimum number of moves, with the minimum amount of assets of any kind, preferably without having to kill anything. Possible or not?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I completed a build in Book II where I had 0 kills, and it may be possible in Book III as discussed here.
I'm glad you like my name choice, is anybody else against (or for) it?

blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Ill give you a +1 for Lance Armstrong!
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Thanks Blatherbeard, and congratulations on Officer Rank!

blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Vroqren wrote:Thanks Blatherbeard, and congratulations on Officer Rank!
your welcome and thanks as i didnt even notice that! lol

;)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
okashii
Senior Steward

Post by okashii »

hakea wrote:I wonder how one might go doing pretty much the opposite though? Build a character who tried to get through in the minimum number of moves, with the minimum amount of assets of any kind, preferably without having to kill anything. Possible or not?
Not sure about the last part, going completely pacifist that is, but when I speedrun the game it took me 9655 turns and I didn't buy anything.