Auricflax

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
kelticpete
Council Member

Auricflax

Post by kelticpete »

So I am 11 hours into game and just made it to macross hoping they might sell some but no dice.

I have only found 1 auric flax so far. Does anybody sell them ? Not getting then with forage I have 2 forage rings and bought up forage and found book and spent pts so my forage is at 23. Still no auricflax
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Auricflax

Post by KillingMoon »

I can only tell you that above level 25 you won't find any new items anymore, only the frequency still increases.

Foraging and Alchemy both basically need a guide that shows what level gives you access to what, as these are not intuitive systems.
It's maybe odd that there's a guide for defensive attire in the game, while that you would figure out intuitively, yet there's no book that gives you any hint about the ranks forageable items. Maybe that's a suggestion for a patch...
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

The low availabliity of ingredients is a problem. It may have been intentionally reduced in Book III, or the foraging system didn't come out as planned. There should be more availabliity in shops and foraged.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

I have to say that one thing I am not liking about 3 so far is loot availability. you kill a lot of monsters with not only no weapons/armor but don't drop alchemy ingredients.

part of the fun of these games is loot.

as far as foraging. I spent quite a few points in it and trying to get true alchemist and true ranger is a real pain the but I have almost starved a couple of times. I bumped up my forage with saved skill points because i was always hungry.

in E2 foraging was probably 2 easy but frankly I can't make hardly any potions due to lack of ingredients.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

To make the best potions, and improve armor and weapons you really need to buy ingredients. Alchemy is really only useful to a thrown weapon arsonist hurling demon oil.
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

Randomizer wrote:To make the best potions, and improve armor and weapons you really need to buy ingredients. Alchemy is really only useful to a thrown weapon arsonist hurling demon oil.
It sounds like there is satisfactory availabliity for those purposes. But that is relatively few of the recipies and uses that were viable prior to Book III.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

KillingMoon wrote: Foraging and Alchemy both basically need a guide that shows what level gives you access to what, as these are not intuitive systems.
I believe that this is still accurate for Book III.

http://eschalon.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy_Recipes

http://eschalon.wikia.com/wiki/Skills#F ... II_only.29
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Yes, I believe the system for Alchemy hasn't changed, but that list of forageable items for Book II only goes to level 12 and only contains reagents.
In Book III at those levels you'll find mostly water and food, maybe even exclusively water and food, for reagents you'll need higher levels. BasiliskWrangler has said in answer to a query of yourself that the new list goes up to level 25.