WIDGET

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
kelticpete
Council Member

WIDGET

Post by kelticpete »

more than once I get a widget while foraging?
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: WIDGET

Post by Vroqren »

In the first two games, there was an item called the Widget. It was created for the sole purpose of spawning in the case of a different item failing to spawn in a chest, or loot bag, to prevent the game from crashing. In all my time on these forums, I only ever heard about it being necessary in the first two games once.
BW finally created some useful widgets for Book III, but it looks like the original is still there. I'm sure it's there for the same reason it was in the first two games, so I can only assume that you were supposed to find a different item while foraging, but that that item doesn't exist.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

This bug came up in testing, but we thought it was fixed. What level of Foraging do you have?
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

Pretty high I will have to check I think it is 23 with my plus 6 from rings.

I paid for 4 levels and read book. I spent about 10 points totali ish
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

Got the Titanium Gear Widget somewhere between L6 or 7.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

I was correct I had 17 in forage, and 23 with mah pimpin rangs on.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

kelticpete wrote:...and 23 with mah pimpin rangs on.
Oh my, that made me laugh. :lol:

Usually - a widget will have a (item name) in parentheses. Did you see what the game was trying to make?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

i was foraging. and strolling. with my rangs....
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Chaotic Newt Ral
Initiate

Post by Chaotic Newt Ral »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: Usually - a widget will have a (item name) in parentheses
There are several issues with foraging.
Widget() is one of them:
http://imgur.com/a/Oj74S#2
(tested with Foraging Skill 66. Above that things start to go weird)

Auricflax appears much more frequent then anything else, while Corpse Ash is missing at all.
Probably the game trying to make Corpse Ash, messing up with it's ID and making Widget() instead?
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

This kind of issue is why I think calling the keys for Ormentor "widgets" weakens the positive impact of finding them. Exposure to this kind of widget in-game and in-forum has set up a negative response. When I found my first one in Book 3 I just thought it was something to get rid of.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

mbrowne wrote:This kind of issue is why I think calling the keys for Ormentor "widgets" weakens the positive impact of finding them. Exposure to this kind of widget in-game and in-forum has set up a negative response. When I found my first one in Book 3 I just thought it was something to get rid of.
Maybe there needs to be an 'in-game' clarification on this - you know, like an NPC telling you, "Some widgets you find have no use. But there are a few special Widgets out there that Malkur is looking for..."

I agree that, with the current naming scheme, and no in-game clarification, it's going to lead to some Newbie players selling or throwing away Malkur's Widgets and then having no chance to finish the main questline and having to start new games as a result. That is probably not a desirable result if we want newbies to convince others to buy this game... :oops: