Two Problems, Rockhammer Mine lvl 2 and Omentor Temple

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
mizzzi
Pledge

Two Problems, Rockhammer Mine lvl 2 and Omentor Temple

Post by mizzzi »

Hi

I can't get in Rockhammer Mine lvl 2. I first complete the quest with the roaches and than talk to Logi, but no quest for lvl 2. After completing his quest with the scorpions, there is no way to lvl 2. I read that there is a bug, is that right?!

In the main quest i must go to the Astral Range, i opend the three gates in the Omentor Temple, but for the last gate i need something like a "screw". I didn't find it.

And i find no other way to the north.

I search all maps with reveal map lvl 6, i'm lvl 16 now and i think the game is over befor it is over.

I hope that the needed screw is not in the rockhammer mine lvl 2.

Thanks for help and excuse my bad english

best regards

Michael
mizzzi
Pledge

Re: Two Problems, Rockhammer Mine lvl 2 and Omentor Temple

Post by mizzzi »

Thanks for help.

Michael
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

if you cleared out scorps and roaches and talked to the two dwarves, and the door to level 2 is closed, you got

bug!

a workaround

use character editor available here: http://dx4.org/eschalon_utils/eschalon_utils_setup.exe

use editor on your savegame when you are very close to door to level 2. use TAB to see the X,Y coordinates that are the nearest BEHIND door. then save and use editor to move your character to those coords. you can then load into the level 2. when you leave level two it automatically puts you past the big door so you don't have to edit your way out.
Pax,

if you want to know if it worth it to go down there....spoilers
[+] SPOILER
down there are a group of hostiles, one unique weapon, and a minor quest item that can also be found elsewhere
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Lysippe
Apprentice

Post by Lysippe »

I know what x and y coordinates are but I do not see them anywhere on my screen. I have looked all over that castle for the platinum but can't find it.

Don't know where the spring is, either.

Also, is there any way into that treasure room behind the throne room in the castle dungeon? Those chests look like big bucks.
Lysippe
Apprentice

Post by Lysippe »

Whoops. Make that "platinum bolt."
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

First of all use function 1 key it lists all keys. I believe u hit tab key. And holding it u move mouse to place u want to see and at
Bottom
Of screen it shows coords
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Lysippe
Apprentice

Post by Lysippe »

Found the bolt and figured out the x-y coordinates, but trying to set the bolt in the Ommentor temple is difficult. I can see the red lights, but the gates are heavy metal and locked and don't have keys or apparent switches.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

The lever for the gate is to the west just past the lava wading pool.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

Lysippe wrote:Found the bolt and figured out the x-y coordinates, but trying to set the bolt in the Ommentor temple is difficult. I can see the red lights, but the gates are heavy metal and locked and don't have keys or apparent switches.
you are talking about so many things at once.

I followed the path through omentor it was pretty self explanatory. however, if you do find secret area in omentor you need need to RECLOSE the lever to get where you need to go.

the coords I was talking about was how to get into rockhammer level two,.

getting into the castle by the sea's throne room is cake. there is a big lever next to the throne. the hard part is avoiding the traps.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

kelticpete wrote: getting into the castle by the sea's throne room is cake. there is a big lever next to the throne. the hard part is avoiding the traps.
Nah - only hard the first time. Once you've figured it out it's not too bad.
It just about gave me a heart attack the first time I stepped in the wrong place though.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Vroqren wrote:
kelticpete wrote: getting into the castle by the sea's throne room is cake. there is a big lever next to the throne. the hard part is avoiding the traps.
Nah - only hard the first time. Once you've figured it out it's not too bad.
It just about gave me a heart attack the first time I stepped in the wrong place though.
I'm playing a super-high-HP character right now, with an eventual view to
[+] SPOILER
being able to piss off Karamiklan and survive, and survive being turned to stone by the basilisk
. I make a point of doing stupid stuff just because I can - walking through lava, setting traps off on purpose, detonating powder kegs with my fists, etc. Sadly there are no "crushed by a portcullis" traps in Book III to "solve" the wrong way.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

SpottedShroom wrote: I'm playing a super-high-HP character right now, with an eventual view to
[+] SPOILER
being able to piss off Karamiklan and survive, and survive being turned to stone by the basilisk
. I make a point of doing stupid stuff just because I can - walking through lava, setting traps off on purpose, detonating powder kegs with my fists, etc. Sadly there are no "crushed by a portcullis" traps in Book III to "solve" the wrong way.
This is excellent - I wanted to try a build where I could survive a portcullis. Wanted to see if I could then walk out, or if I had to re-trigger the lever (There's one in the ruined castle that has a straight view of the lever form the gate).
I remember my favorite Book II character could walk into a group of enemies, drop a powder keg, punch it, and survive. I've actually been planning to playthrough each book consecutively with that build (Unarmed Combat expert) once Book I has been remade with the Book III engine.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

The way into Atrox Deep and Omentor Temple both have a portcullis next to a lever for those that want to test their health.