Avoiding Being Turned To Stone (SPOILERS)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
IJBall
Major
Major

Avoiding Being Turned To Stone (SPOILERS)

Post by IJBall »

So, you say you've been teleported into "The Pit" at Atrox Deep because you played a little too dumb with Baelgar the Beholder at Gildedmoon?!

Well, here's all you need to survive the encounter with the Spineback Basilisk, my friend! - It's a little thing called Dazzling Flame, Level 6!!

That's right! - With Dazzling Flame, Level 6 spell, you'll be able to keep the Basilisk at bay for a couple of turns, while you continue to "soften" 'im up with some Level 6 Fleshboil spells! (I assume Spark will also work, though I didn't try it; and I've got to assume that Sunder Flesh, Mystic Hammer, Ice Lance, and the like, will also work on the Basilisk...)

Now, the Spineback Basilisk is pretty good even with Level 6 Dazzling Flame, so he'll turn back at ya every 2-3 turns or so! - But just keep switching off between the Level 6 Dazzling Flames and the Level 6 Fleshboils, and you'll get yourself out of that "Pit", in no time!!

(But don't forget to "pre-open" those gates in Atrox before you do, or you'll be trapped in with that madman in the cell for all eternity!!!)

Easy as pie!! :twisted:

And that, my friends, is why Dazzling Flame is always a good spell choice!... :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

(P.S. Totally aside, here - Has anyone else figured out what the whispering voices on the soundtrack say when you're in Atrox Deep?! I think one of them says something like "I'm starving in here!", but I'm not sure what any of the other whispered soundtrack voices say... Anyone know?)
john1v6
Apprentice

Re: Avoiding Being Turned To Stone (SPOILERS)

Post by john1v6 »

I found that a powder keg works pretty well against that basilisk, too
There are two kinds of people in the world: Us and Them
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Interesting idea, I'll have to try it. I just tried until I got lucky with my roles using Bonedust.
Congratulations of major rank too IJBall!

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Vroqren wrote:Congratulations of major rank too IJBall!
Heh - you too! ;)
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

john1v6 wrote:I found that a powder keg works pretty well against that basilisk, too
And what he said^ If you aren't a magic user you can kill the basilisk with a single arrow or throwing stone. Just walk off the tp, turn around, place the explosive barrel, walk down to the end until it spawns then fire at the barrel and watch it shrivel up.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

IJBall wrote:
Vroqren wrote:Congratulations of major rank too IJBall!
Heh - you too! ;)
Yeah - I noticed right after posting this that I had just made my 750th post. Nice coincidence!

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests