enemies poisoned multiple times has the opposite effect

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
muze
Initiate

enemies poisoned multiple times has the opposite effect

Post by muze »

I'm completely baffled. I'm out there poisoning a Nidaria and waiting patiently and decide to repoison the creature. It becomes poisoned x 2 ! Great, but it still loses 1 point every 5 turns. Then it's not poisoned any more. So I poison it again. Now it's poisoned x 3! Except it wasn't poisoned any more. And it still loses 1 point every 5 turns. Every time I poison it, I get a message telling me it's poisoned x 4, 5, 6, 7. And each time, it only loses 1 point every 5 turns and gets poisoned for LESS amount of time every time until it's completely useless.

So what's that all about?
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: enemies poisoned multiple times has the opposite effect

Post by KillingMoon »

It's safe to say that's a bug.

Maybe it's okay that poisoning isn't accumulative, it would be much stronger than the other extra damage perks otherwise, but the messages are wrong.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: enemies poisoned multiple times has the opposite effect

Post by IJBall »

KillingMoon wrote:It's safe to say that's a bug.

Maybe it's okay that poisoning isn't accumulative, it would be much stronger than the other extra damage perks otherwise, but the messages are wrong.
Poison wasn't cumulative before later versions of Book II - most of us were pushing to make Poison cumulative back then because Poison was actually a useless attack if it wasn't cumulative.

So, if Poison isn't cumulative in Book III, that's definitely a bug, because Poison was cumulative as of Book II v1.05.

Someone might want to let SpottedShroom know, so he can add this to his 'bugs' list...