Sooo....what do I do in Mirkland?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
sbgimp
Initiate

Sooo....what do I do in Mirkland?

Post by sbgimp »

Hi all!

So, I've explored mirkland, but there didn't seem to be anything of note here. I kinda thought that was odd, so I checked the unofficial faq, and it mentioned :

"I have killed the Akadai Kingspawn in Mirkland and took the "Akadai Gland" in the chest at the back of his chamber. What do I do with this item?"

Soooo....where is this dude? I've looted all the chests I've came across, and killed all the dudes, but I certainly don't think I've killed a Kingspawn, and I don't have an Akadai Gland in my inventory. I opened up the Mirkland map with the editor and surveying the area it seems like I've been everywhere. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
sbgimp
Initiate

Re: Sooo....what do I do in Mirkland?

Post by sbgimp »

Ok, then is there a bug in my game? It won't let me go east. I thought that was weird. When I go to the one path in the west (or south I can't remember) it says "yo, turn back, your destiny lies elsewhere" which is fine, I get the game is built to be modded, I can take a hint. But I tried to go east at all the various places in the map...no dice the map dosen't change.
sbgimp
Initiate

Post by sbgimp »

Alright...so I just checked again, and it does let me zone to the east. Really weird - idk what kinda bug would cause it. But all I needed to fix it was to quit and restart, so, no worries! Off to Mirkland east I go....
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

sbgimp wrote:Alright...so I just checked again, and it does let me zone to the east. Really weird - idk what kinda bug would cause it. But all I needed to fix it was to quit and restart, so, no worries! Off to Mirkland east I go....
This bug has been reported before - sometimes with auto-walk turned on you can't cross between regions. Like you found out though - it's an easy fix.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests