Mechanics

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Slarty
Marshall

Mechanics

Post by Slarty »

Hi everyone! Long time no see. Another exciting game release, huzzah :)

The general impression I'm getting from the forum is that most game mechanics are identical to those in Book II, except in a few places that seem to be mentioned in the manual. I was wondering if anyone has looked into this. For example, do stats mostly seem to do the same things, at the same rates?

I'm doing some digging myself and will start posting what I find over the coming days.

(Per usual when firing up a new game, I went on the forums to look for info on stats and other game mechanics. Seeing nothing in this forum, I went and looked in the book II forum. I found exactly what I was looking for... and was very amused to realize, after I read it, that I was reading my own post from four years ago! The world is a funny place.)
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Mechanics

Post by IJBall »

Slarty wrote:Hi everyone! Long time no see. Another exciting game release, huzzah :)

The general impression I'm getting from the forum is that most game mechanics are identical to those in Book II, except in a few places that seem to be mentioned in the manual. I was wondering if anyone has looked into this. For example, do stats mostly seem to do the same things, at the same rates?
A few things are different...

For example, the 'Feats' recharge rates have been nerfed somewhat: it used to be that the 'Feats recharging rate maxed out at Levels in the low-30s in a weapons skill in Book II - now it looks like they don't max out until Levels in the low-40s in Book III.

Some other Skills have been reworked some: it looks like Cartography maxes out at Level 14 now (it used to be Level 16 in Book II). Foraging is another one that's been reworked (and revised).

Most other things, e.g. HPs & MPs and their recharge rates, STR & CON and encumbrance limits, etc., work pretty much the same as in Book II...