Semi-official editor request

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Semi-official editor request

Post by Lord_P »

I have understood that there is going to be an "endorsed" editor sometime in the future. I also understand that this editor is similar to (or even is) xolotl's excellent editor. If this is true, I would love a selection of wider brushes, if possible. Making a coastline by individually painting every single tile of water is painful and unfun.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Semi-official editor request

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

xolotl's editor is what Basilisk Games is officially endorsing. I've been giving xolotl and SpottedShroom access to source code in order for them to improve the editor. As for feature requests- this is one of the reasons I am handing this project over to fans. I am slowly getting the studio switched around to begin production on another game, and I will not have the time to keep supporting our own Eschalon tools, and so I am hopeful that the other guys will be able to address some of these requests once xolotl's editor becomes stable enough.

I guess I need to make an official page/topic with information on the editor- where to get it, how to run it, etc.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: I am slowly getting the studio switched around to begin production on another game
I'm excited already :D
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Lord_P wrote:If this is true, I would love a selection of wider brushes, if possible. Making a coastline by individually painting every single tile of water is painful and unfun.
Yeah, having "brush" support has been on my TODO for some time, and I even added that as an official Issue awhile ago to its github tracker: https://github.com/apocalyptech/eschalon_utils/issues/4

So, it's at least on the horizon somewhere, though I don't want to promise anything just yet.