Help!

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
Skid
Initiate

Help!

Post by Skid »

I went to download the "Rockhammer Mine" mod, and I discovered that I don't have a "Basilisk Games" folder in my application support folder (I use a Mac). I honestly have no idea what happened. I go "library-application support", but there is nothing past that. I purchased the game from BG legally, and it runs on my computer without issue (already beaten it twice). I just appear to be lacking something crucial for mods, and I am clueless as to how this happened. Any advice?
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Help!

Post by xolotl »

Skid wrote:I went to download the "Rockhammer Mine" mod, and I discovered that I don't have a "Basilisk Games" folder in my application support folder (I use a Mac).
On the main menu (where you can choose New/Load/Credits/Exit), click on the line of text at the bottom. That should tell you where on your system your savegames can be found.
Skid
Initiate

Post by Skid »

I did, but I'm still encountering the same problem. The "Basilisk Games" folder just isn't in my Library. I searched "Saved Games", and all that came up were my saved games from EBI and EBII.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Skid wrote:I did, but I'm still encountering the same problem. The "Basilisk Games" folder just isn't in my Library. I searched "Saved Games", and all that came up were my saved games from EBI and EBII.
If you're using a later version of Mac OS 10, my understanding is that the odds are high that the folder you're searching for is "hidden" by the OS, and may not even be searchable.

People around here have figured out how to get around that, but we'll have to wait for one of them to show up to explain exactly what to do, because as an old Mac OS 10.6.8 user I've never had to face this problem (yet) so I don't know the "workaround"...
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

To find a hidden folder (not really, but to go to an exact directory), press SHIFT+CMD+G.
That will allow you to type in the exact directory, and find folders you need to. If you're in the folder where the hidden folder is located, just enter the name of that folder in the window. If not, I believe it's:
/volumes/[hard drive]/users/[username]/library/application support/Basilisk Games
or just ~/library/application support/Basilisk Games

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Did you buy the game from BW directly, or through the Mac App store?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

On the Mac, in the Finder, hold down the Option key and click the Go menu item. From there you will see the selection Library in the drop down menu (it is hidden when you're not holding down Option). Click that and in that hidden Library folder click Application Support then Basilisk Games and you will find your saved games folders there.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.