Some Misc Questions

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
rayres
Apprentice

Some Misc Questions

Post by rayres »

I have several questions:

1. I never gambled with Lucky in Old Moonrise, so I haven't killed him. Yet Valk in the magic store is hostile to me. (I am not sure if I stole anything from him or not). I am a fighter with no spells, so I don't need him as a vendor. I don't want to use the editor in case of bugs, and I am concerned about deleting the map files. What quest does he give? Is he a trainer? If I am not missing out on anything important, I won't worry about it.

2. Is there any use of the repository for non-mages? I have the gildedmoon pendant for entrance. I eventually get to a lever I need a spell or key to unlock. I assume I get the key later?

3. Is there any use for bars of mithril, etc.?

4. I completed the quest to craft a weapon in Rockhammer and found a 2nd craft hammer. Can I sell it?

5. There is a tree in Mirkland at the end of a small bridge leading nowhere. I click on it, but nothing happens. What is it used for?

Thanks.

Rob
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Some Misc Questions

Post by xolotl »

rayres wrote:What quest does he give? Is he a trainer? If I am not missing out on anything important, I won't worry about it.
He does give you a fetch quest to find a specific item, but it's not important to the plot. He's a trainer for Elemental Magick, but it sounds like you wouldn't care about that.

You could always try a bottle of Charm Cloud on him.
2. Is there any use of the repository for non-mages? I have the gildedmoon pendant for entrance. I eventually get to a lever I need a spell or key to unlock. I assume I get the key later?
The repository is useful for anyone, and yes, you may find the key later in the game (though it's not on the main questline, so it's possible you could miss it).
3. Is there any use for bars of mithril, etc.?
Nope, only as Things To Sell For Money.
4. I completed the quest to craft a weapon in Rockhammer and found a 2nd craft hammer. Can I sell it?
Yep!
5. There is a tree in Mirkland at the end of a small bridge leading nowhere. I click on it, but nothing happens. What is it used for?
You'll find out later in the plot. :)
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

5. You need a special item for the strange tree.
rayres
Apprentice

Post by rayres »

Another question. How do I get past the blast doors in lvl. 2 of Rockhammer mine? Also, there is a gate in the 2nd level of the mines in the West part of the grey area near the start of lvl. 2 mines. How do I open them?

Thanks.

Rob
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

You can't go farther in Rockhammer Mine level 2 without installing a game modification.
rayres
Apprentice

Post by rayres »

Thanks.

Rob