musical notes

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
dundonalddub
Senior Steward

musical notes

Post by dundonalddub »

Does anyone know the meaning of the piano notes that we (or maybe just me?) hear frequently? :?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: musical notes

Post by SpottedShroom »

If you tell us which maps you're hearing it on and whether during day and/or night, we can probably narrow down which music or sound effect file you're talking about.
ferretgrandpa
Initiate

Post by ferretgrandpa »

I hear 'door opening' at random and non repeating intervals. Seems a bit funny if I'm on the beach, or in a mine, or if no buildings are in sight. Been that way from v1.00 including v1.021.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

I reported a bug to BW where I can hear NPCs or enemies opening a door on an outdoor map, even though the NPC and I are on opposite sides of the map. That might be what you're hearing - a NPC doing something somewhere else.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

MyGameCompany wrote:I reported a bug to BW where I can hear NPCs or enemies opening a door on an outdoor map, even though the NPC and I are on opposite sides of the map. That might be what you're hearing - a NPC doing something somewhere else.
Where did you report that? I don't think it's on my bug list.
dundonalddub
Senior Steward

Post by dundonalddub »

The musical notes I hear are 1, 2, or 3 piano notes in quick succession. They are most noticeable in the mines, but I know I have heard them at other places. Sometimes it is where something happens and sometimes I can't figure out why. They are relatively high notes on the piano. I thought perhaps they were supposed to signal some event or finding. Who knows? :?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

dundonalddub wrote:The musical notes I hear are 1, 2, or 3 piano notes in quick succession. They are most noticeable in the mines, but I know I have heard them at other places. Sometimes it is where something happens and sometimes I can't figure out why. They are relatively high notes on the piano. I thought perhaps they were supposed to signal some event or finding. Who knows? :?
I think this is probably rand_underworld_mech1.wav, which plays randomly on both levels of the mine and in Omentor. It starts with a high piano clinking and then some, well, mechanical noises. If you're on the latest Mac OS version, you can find the files in Contents/Files/sound/ under the executable .app bundle.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

SpottedShroom wrote:
MyGameCompany wrote:I reported a bug to BW where I can hear NPCs or enemies opening a door on an outdoor map, even though the NPC and I are on opposite sides of the map. That might be what you're hearing - a NPC doing something somewhere else.
Where did you report that? I don't think it's on my bug list.
I emailed BW directly. Sorry, didn't think to add it to your bug thread.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland