Max-out INT point for memorized spells.

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Max-out INT point for memorized spells.

Post by Evnissyen »

I looked for a topic or post that addressed this but couldn't find. Maybe it's there and I didn't see it.

Anyway, I've seen it's been mentioned elsewhere that INT/2 = number of memorized Elemental spells. ...But since my character with 28 INT still has a spell count at 9... that would mean that the INT, as a factor in determining spell retention, maxes out at 18.

Furthermore, does anyone know if Perception maxes out at any point? (I shouldn't have to increase that any more, though, if I invest more in Meditation... I've been neglecting that as useless... I've learned something new, today, browsing the forums.)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
swcarter
Initiate

Re: Max-out INT point for memorized spells.

Post by swcarter »

INT / 2 was right for the first two books, but it's INT / 3 for Book III.

Perception doesn't max out that I know of, but it'll stop helping your regeneration around 65.

SWC
Useful information about Book I, Book II, and Book III can be found at GameBanshee.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Evnissyen wrote:I looked for a topic or post that addressed this but couldn't find. Maybe it's there and I didn't see it.
There's info about a link to the info about this in the BOOK III Complete SPELL List.

To answer the question more directly, there are a total 24 Divination spells in Book III (I'm assuming there's a similar number of Elemental spells), so you'd need WIS=72 to be able to learn every Divination spell in the game...
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

SW: That'd explain it... especially considering that my Wisdom is at 40 but my spellbook is maxed out at 6. ...Just realized that after I'd already posted and logged out.

So, I'll only have to increase my INT 2 points this level-up (which is right now, as it turns out, whee!) to gain one extra slot (which would make 3 free slots... that'd let me take Chameleon and Gravedigger's Flame (yes it took me this long, at lvl13) and still have room for the killer spells later on after consistently augmenting INT . . . and my Wisdom only needs to be augmented by one, as well, but then, I've got 2 spells to take out of there, so... that can wait until next level-up.

IJ: Thanks for the link, man.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

You are also able to "forget" spells and make room for new ones.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

I know. I cleared out 2 spells from my Divination list (Entangle & Fleshboil, which were useless long ago)... could take out Abyssal Freeze from Elemental, since I already have Ice Lance, which at lvl 3 is as powerful or very nearly as powerful as lvl 6 AF, and costs a little less mana... I've already removed it from my quick-spell list, anyhow.

I also have two spaces open in Elemental, anyway, after level-up.

Next are Chameleon & Gravedigger's Flame. I've flirted with Guiding Light to take the pressure off the Elemental list, but I love that demonic red glow. The only reason I waited so long is torches + Cat's Eye + limited capacity spellbook. But it's not as satisying as Gravedigger's Flame. Plus, weather, when you really need it = no torches.

Plus, if I keep raising INT 3 pts each level, I won't have any problems.

I actually spent the longest time trying to combine keys to get the system to let me forget spells, because I knew that was a [last minute] feature... but couldn't find it... finally I found a post mentioning it was the [del] key. Duh. Should've thought of that. :roll: