More questions that might be spoilers... please help

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Re: More questions that might be spoilers... please help

Post by lilwoofer »

And now have finished the third mod - Mirkland West and South! That was fun (and easy once one gets to level 15!!!) I liked the little things about this small wetlands marsh. The bloody body that shimmers bloody red when you glide your mouse over his poor dead body. The ins and outs and downs and throughs. seems like a LOT of potential for growth! (hint hint). And I wish there were access to the sunken ship in the upper corner.
[+] SPOILER
The only thing I am worried about is the sprocket which the dead man's note read about... is that an important factor in any other part of the game? Could not find its use in any of the three mods.

Oh and one more question... There was a grave somewhere in Rockhammer level 3 and I know how to get there but I cannot find out what the code is.
[+] SPOILER
Is THIS where I need to get the sprocket? And if I lost it in all my shopping sprees after the Alchemist tower is there another was to find the code/key? Help me please!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

lilwoofer wrote:And now have finished the third mod - Mirkland West and South! That was fun (and easy once one gets to level 15!!!) I liked the little things about this small wetlands marsh. The bloody body that shimmers bloody red when you glide your mouse over his poor dead body. The ins and outs and downs and throughs. seems like a LOT of potential for growth! (hint hint). And I wish there were access to the sunken ship in the upper corner.
[+] SPOILER
The only thing I am worried about is the sprocket which the dead man's note read about... is that an important factor in any other part of the game? Could not find its use in any of the three mods.

Oh and one more question... There was a grave somewhere in Rockhammer level 3 and I know how to get there but I cannot find out what the code is.
[+] SPOILER
Is THIS where I need to get the sprocket? And if I lost it in all my shopping sprees after the Alchemist tower is there another was to find the code/key? Help me please!
Thanks, glad you're enjoying my mods!
[+] SPOILER
The sprocket is in the Adakai lair in central Mirkland. It's part of the main game, and you need it to get through Omentor. The note in my mod just explains how the sprocket got there.

As for the grave, check out the library in Volcania. You'll find a clue there.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Your spoiler explained the main sprocket but I have 2 in my inventory now. I assume since you stated such, the second one must have been just a barrel gimme thing. But again thanks for the speedy reply
[+] SPOILER
and I am off to check out the library... again...
and see what I missed!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

[+] SPOILER
Might be one of my custom items. I reused a widget graphic for one of my custom items, and forgot to remove it from your inventory when it was used.
Troy
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Hey Troy, sorry to bother but you are needed again. In Rockhammer Lvl 3, I forgot about a place I came upon and could not get into. the coordinates are X=48 Y=55. There is a whitish rock monolith blocking a little hideaway where it looks like 2 spiders reside. I have tried kegs, Fireball, Supernova and pounding on the rock but nothing occurs. I hate having people give me the final answer but could you tell me how to get past that rock? It also looks like other places have this issue and I cannot get past them for the life of me. Appreciate your help!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

lilwoofer wrote:Hey Troy, sorry to bother but you are needed again. In Rockhammer Lvl 3, I forgot about a place I came upon and could not get into. the coordinates are X=48 Y=55. There is a whitish rock monolith blocking a little hideaway where it looks like 2 spiders reside. I have tried kegs, Fireball, Supernova and pounding on the rock but nothing occurs. I hate having people give me the final answer but could you tell me how to get past that rock? It also looks like other places have this issue and I cannot get past them for the life of me. Appreciate your help!
Actually, that particular passageway is just totally blocked off. You'll have to find another way around. :)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

xolotl wrote:
lilwoofer wrote:Hey Troy, sorry to bother but you are needed again. In Rockhammer Lvl 3, I forgot about a place I came upon and could not get into. the coordinates are X=48 Y=55. There is a whitish rock monolith blocking a little hideaway where it looks like 2 spiders reside. I have tried kegs, Fireball, Supernova and pounding on the rock but nothing occurs. I hate having people give me the final answer but could you tell me how to get past that rock? It also looks like other places have this issue and I cannot get past them for the life of me. Appreciate your help!
Actually, that particular passageway is just totally blocked off. You'll have to find another way around. :)
I'm stuck with the same thing, but the "other way around" has so far eluded me. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Look in the neighboring chamber to the right, with the lava. There's a hidden passage in there.
Troy
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

MyGameCompany wrote:Look in the neighboring chamber to the right, with the lava. There's a hidden passage in there.
Thought I'd bumped my way around there (and checked my mini-map) pretty well, but I'll look again.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

That must be a VERY hard hidden access point. I just gave up and went on to easier tasks. Cannot find that access point and I bumped around and around. Maybe next game I will take more time to find it.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

It was hard for me to find it, but it is there.