Sound Glitch?

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Sound Glitch?

Post by Vroqren »

I am playing on the most recent version, just camping monsters for exp. Because this is kind of a tedious task, I'm trying to watch Youtube while I do it.
I tried muting all of the different sound types in-game, but it doesn't actually change the volume. I can still here the wind (really loud), and all other sound effects, even when all figures are at 0%

Anybody know what's happening with this?

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Sound Glitch?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Did they all go off when you set the sound to 0 and then turn back on the first time you switched back from watching YouTube? That has happened to me. I believe it's something in the connection between the game's sound drivers and Apple's sound handling in the OS for background apps. You have to put the volume back up to 10% and back down to 0 every time you switch.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I believe I even tried this. I'll give it another shot though, and edit the topic with my results.

EDIT: Alright, that DOES work. I can handle turning each of the sound aspects off every time I swap, I'll only be doing that when the Youtube video ends, so I should be fine.

Thank you!

Edit on edit: I can still hear the wind. I believe it's actually the sound file from the main menu screen on that flat expanse. Even after turning down all sound multiple times, and bringing it back up to turn it off again, the wind never ends...

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

THIS does NOT work for me. I am trying to listen to music on iTunes and have EII volumes on EVERYTHING down to zero. Yet I am in the caves below town and hear the constant drip drip drip of Freakin' (I SOOOOO! wanted to drop the F bomb) water ... VERY annoying. What must be done to get rid of the sounds in this and every Eschalon game as I had the same issue in EIII. Has there been a "fix" for this and can I get it as quickly as possible? Please, BW, i know YOU have the ability (I do not, i admit) just fix this for me ASAP, PLEEEEEZE?

Addendum: The click for saving and loading, etc. also REALLY interferes with my happy time!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Another Addendum, I am on full screen and have iTunes "hidden". This was added for your benefit but this should have NO reaction to the actual games and why they do not go silent when everything is down to zero, am i right? Oh yeah, I am.
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!