widgets

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Cliff
Initiate

widgets

Post by Cliff »

I have all four widgets and have entered the skull. But i am unable to open any of the three gates. I have finished all the quest I can find and there are no new areas to explore. Have I missed something?
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: widgets

Post by KillingMoon »

The 4 widgets are for 4 gates, and there are no other conditions than to use the right widget for the right gate.
If I remember right, at each gate there's a plaque on the wall with a picture of the widget to use there.
You must manually put a widget from your inventory in a slot, a dialogue window will come up when you've found a slot where a widget fits in. There's no auto-inventory check to let you through, if that's what you thought (?).
Cliff
Initiate

Post by Cliff »

I must be doing something wrong or its a bug. I can see where I need to use the wheel widget but I am unable to open the gate to get to it. Is there another entrance to this area so come in on the side with to two beholders are floating around or the long hallway. Thanks
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Cliff wrote:I must be doing something wrong or its a bug. I can see where I need to use the wheel widget but I am unable to open the gate to get to it. Is there another entrance to this area so come in on the side with to two beholders are floating around or the long hallway. Thanks
Getting through the gate is a puzzle. I'm not sure how to give a hint without completely revealing it, so:
[+] SPOILER
You need to flip the far switch in the lava chamber at the other side of the maze.
Cliff
Initiate

Post by Cliff »

Thanks for trying to help all. I am extremely frustrated with this part of game. I have tried all your hints, but there not working. Is there a bypass code, or someplace to find step by step instructions to get pass one of three gates. I can see though a window where the wheel widget goes. Thanks
swcarter
Initiate

Post by swcarter »

You could look here. You need to follow the path labeled 1-5, which will take you through the beholders and to the widget mechanism. Basically, when you get to the 4-way intersection with the 4 gates, you need to head north, which will let you circle around so you can return to the intersection and head west.

SWC
Useful information about Book I, Book II, and Book III can be found at GameBanshee.
Cliff
Initiate

Post by Cliff »

Ok looks like that could work. How do you get to 1 on the map? I have found no entrance to that location.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Go north and alternate with going east until you reach the lava field and decide whether to find and remove traps or walk on lava to reach the other side to get to 1. Then it is proceed east along the path to reach a lever to open the portcullis that you passed to get there.

Just remember the monsters are smiling because they plan to kill you.
swcarter
Initiate

Post by swcarter »

I'm trying to figure out why you're getting stuck here. You've seen the beholders, so you reached the intersection with the four gates? The first gate should be open, allowing you to enter the intersection. Then inside the intersection, you should see a lever, which will open the northern gate (and close the southern gate) allowing you to continue north.

Is something in this description different in your game?
Useful information about Book I, Book II, and Book III can be found at GameBanshee.
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

swcarter wrote:I'm trying to figure out why you're getting stuck here. You've seen the beholders, so you reached the intersection with the four gates? The first gate should be open, allowing you to enter the intersection. Then inside the intersection, you should see a lever, which will open the northern gate (and close the southern gate) allowing you to continue north.

Is something in this description different in your game?
There are no Beholders in this game.
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:What are they called then mbrowne? :wink: Nobody answer the question for him!
Though they look nothing like the daedroth I first encountered in my travels through Azura's Coast, someone apparently misnamed them daedrotha. There's one under your bed.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

mbrowne wrote: There are no Beholders in this game.
There almost were. I mentioned in testing that Hasbro/WoTC can be pretty litigious about these things.
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

SpottedShroom wrote:
mbrowne wrote: There are no Beholders in this game.
There almost were. I mentioned in testing that Hasbro/WoTC can be pretty litigious about these things.
Well, ya came pretty close :)