The Sanctum: Mod for powerful wizards

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Re: Book III mod: The Sanctum

Post by lilwoofer »

Hmmm, I tried adding the mod files to the map folder in my game file. And when I get above Alundar's camp to head north, the game just up and quits. Did I load it incorrectly into the wrong folder? OR? Am I not allowed to use a pre-existing character and have to start all the way form scratch again?

And i just became promoted to steward... what does that mean? I am NOT able to manage myself let alone others!!!! And though my little icon I drew is of a sailing/flying boat I am pretty certain I am not on this ship of BG's!! I THINK I am sitting here in my room and I do not feel the comforting rocking of the waves!! So what does the duties of a steward mean here???
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

lilwoofer wrote:Hmmm, I tried adding the mod files to the map folder in my game file. And when I get above Alundar's camp to head north, the game just up and quits. Did I load it incorrectly into the wrong folder? OR? Am I not allowed to use a pre-existing character and have to start all the way form scratch again?
As per the install instructions, copy the "mod" folder into the same place as your Book III datapak file. Do not copy the files into your saved game slot.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

SpottedShroom wrote:As per the install instructions, copy the "mod" folder into the same place as your Book III datapak file. Do not copy the files into your saved game slot.
I DID do that! But last night I realized my mistake of not deleting the same files in my character's file. And yes, now it works correctly. Sorry to grate your nerves so much SpottedShrrom. Some of us can only learn via trial and error, more errors than trials it would seem.
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

First off, that levers tier was not cool!!!
[+] SPOILER
I had to come back here to find that one had to use Portal.
There should have been a better way to create the maze so the math would work but the bottom center door leading to the center section never opens with any levers. Not a good "puzzle" in my opinion.
Puzzle 5# - Used Supernova in the right corner. Didn't get the plaque.
AKA "See remotely." That's the intended solution, but the plaque (and now the room title) are supposed to give a hint as to how to know that's the intended solution. Maybe it's still too obscure.[/quote]

Was there a plaque to be acquired???
[+] SPOILER
I Map Revealed, used Supernova
but did not note any plaque to be had...
Puzzle 9# - Took the damage from the trap. Took forever with the locked door. Took forever getting to the other side.
Ditto here Prismatic
[+] SPOILER
Puzzle 10# - Was it the middle pentagram we needed to get to? It should be made more clear.
AKA "Step wisely." The middle is the goal, yes. It should be much clearer now that the goal isn't a pentagram any more.
[/Spoiler]
And cannot fathom this one. Am wondering what you mean by the goal not being a pentagram any more as all 81 squares are, unless I have an earlier version... I guess when you have 34 different starting points it certainly is hard to navigate!!! I have a few steps taken to see where each leads but dang if I am not totally lost and stuck in the middle of nowhere!!!! I have already used 12 sheets of graph paper!!! I will fight my hardest to get this one but geez, Spotted, you were not kidding when you said this was a hard dungeon to master.

Thanks for the great mod!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

[+] SPOILER
lilwoofer wrote:First off, that levers tier was not cool!!! I had to come back here to find that one had to use Portal.There should have been a better way to create the maze so the math would work but the bottom center door leading to the center section never opens with any levers. Not a good "puzzle" in my opinion.
Sorry, I'm not apologizing for this one. After realizing it's possible "break" the levers puzzle in Book I by using Portal, the concept for this puzzle is that you *have* to use Portal. The levers themselves are quite easy and it shouldn't take long to realize it's not solvable the conventional way.
AKA "See remotely." That's the intended solution, but the plaque (and now the room title) are supposed to give a hint as to how to know that's the intended solution. Maybe it's still too obscure
Was there a plaque to be acquired??? I Map Revealed, used Supernova but did not note any plaque to be had...
This plaque.
lookremotely.png
lookremotely.png (24.23 KiB) Viewed 16838 times
AKA "Step wisely." The middle is the goal, yes. It should be much clearer now that the goal isn't a pentagram any more.
And cannot fathom this one. Am wondering what you mean by the goal not being a pentagram any more as all 81 squares are, unless I have an earlier version... I guess when you have 34 different starting points it certainly is hard to navigate!!! I have a few steps taken to see where each leads but dang if I am not totally lost and stuck in the middle of nowhere!!!! I have already used 12 sheets of graph paper!!! I will fight my hardest to get this one but geez, Spotted, you were not kidding when you said this was a hard dungeon to master.
If you still have pentagrams, you're using the 1.0 version. Please update to 1.1, which I think is a big improvement. It should look like this:
stepwisely.png
stepwisely.png (32.51 KiB) Viewed 16838 times
Thanks for the great mod!
You're welcome. I had a lot of fun thinking up things to do with the engine that hadn't been done already.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

I will update after I figure the pentagrams out. I like being frustrated, then taking a breather then coming back with fresh faith... only to do it all over again!!!!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Okay, I got through the "Bull"ies and THAT was hard but right after i simultaneously compressed them, I received a message that I failed... And THEN when I got into the machinery room, I was flummoxed. Was I supposed to destroy the machina.... Just had a new thought, maybe I should not have put my gems in the pedestals and then let the other two fry and leave ME with my 2 gems all to my strong self... But seriously, I need help.I want to try again but... more errors on my part. I did get through the pentagrams, just plowed on through with a hit or miss solution - though I did try to graph out each square's next teleport site. After I got the final screen, I went back to see what I might have missed in the previous rooms but now cannot get into the center again of the pentagram room. (Did not save correctly and in a timely manner). SS, I am asking for your help on the steps to get me back in the machina room starting from the pentagrams and also please tell me what I messed up on in getting a failure notice with the Tauraxes. And also what I should have done in the machina room.

Thanks in advance.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

lilwoofer wrote:Okay, I got through the "Bull"ies and THAT was hard but right after i simultaneously compressed them, I received a message that I failed... And THEN when I got into the machinery room, I was flummoxed. Was I supposed to destroy the machina.... Just had a new thought, maybe I should not have put my gems in the pedestals and then let the other two fry and leave ME with my 2 gems all to my strong self... But seriously, I need help.I want to try again but... more errors on my part. I did get through the pentagrams, just plowed on through with a hit or miss solution - though I did try to graph out each square's next teleport site. After I got the final screen, I went back to see what I might have missed in the previous rooms but now cannot get into the center again of the pentagram room. (Did not save correctly and in a timely manner). SS, I am asking for your help on the steps to get me back in the machina room starting from the pentagrams and also please tell me what I messed up on in getting a failure notice with the Tauraxes. And also what I should have done in the machina room.
Er, I'm a little confused. First of all, are you playing the latest version? It lets you access the rooms in any order, and the teleport puzzle doesn't show pentagrams on the floor any more. If you're not, you should upgrade.
[+] SPOILER
You have to defeat the Ghorrs simultaneously to complete that puzzle. If you didn't do that, I don't know how you got to the finale room.
[+] SPOILER
Here is one solution to the teleport puzzle. Enter the puzzle at 65, 73. Step southeast. Step east. Step southeast. Touch the monument. Now all the teleporters are inactive and you can leave without trouble.
[+] SPOILER
In the finale room, there are two things you can do: put your cruxes in the pedestals and activate the craft to travel to the future; or sabotage all of the machines to destroy the craft, the cruxes, and yourself. Once you start sabotaging machines, though, you can no longer activate the craft.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

[+] SPOILER
All Ghorrs killed simultaneously but
All Ghorrs killed simultaneously but
Screen shot 2014-06-09 at 7.59.42 AM.jpg (158.25 KiB) Viewed 16769 times
Still get the message that i failed the test. and when i get to the next room, no craft from what I can find.
Screen shot 2014-06-09 at 8.00.13 AM.jpg
Screen shot 2014-06-09 at 8.00.13 AM.jpg (171.55 KiB) Viewed 16769 times
I see a chair but cannot touch it and the orb just states that it is pulsing in time to the machinery. Where is said craft?
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

[+] SPOILER
BTW, just found the lever in the Ghorr room. What did THAT accomplish? Was that supposed to be toggled before I killed the Ghorrs? Too late now, I saved after killing the beasts. And when i placed the gems in the pedestals and stood on the transporter pad, I ended up in black space with nothing around and nowhere to go but spinning in circles.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

[+] SPOILER
Still get the message that i failed the test. and when i get to the next room, no craft from what I can find.
This screenshot is from the 1.0 release. Please update to 1.1.
I see a chair but cannot touch it and the orb just states that it is pulsing in time to the machinery. Where is said craft?
You're in it. If you get the message "Colors dance in the crystal in time to the frenzied beeps of the machines," you've already started sabotaging the craft. You can no longer activate it. You either have to complete the sabotage or leave.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Thanks, Shroom! And as I stated before, I tried updating, but I must be doing something wrong. So, I have started a new character and will start all the way from the beginning and hopefully, with all added mod files deleted from the game application and replaced with the original EIII and all the new mods, things will be better.

That was a seriously fun and exasperating challenge. It made the EIII version seem as long as EII. Kudos to you. And to the entire working crew of EIII, you always amaze me in a good way!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Now I know why I kept working with the original files! I forgot that my wizarding powers are at their peak, I have no more space to learn spells, and with the Phoenix room, I need a certain spell which I never took the time to learn. THAT is going into my next new character's repertoire! But you are correct, the newer mod is easier... WAY easier, to me, actually. I think I might just stick with the older version now that I know what's what!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

lilwoofer wrote:Now I know why I kept working with the original files! I forgot that my wizarding powers are at their peak, I have no more space to learn spells, and with the Phoenix room, I need a certain spell which I never took the time to learn. THAT is going into my next new character's repertoire! But you are correct, the newer mod is easier... WAY easier, to me, actually. I think I might just stick with the older version now that I know what's what!
You can, of course, forget spells to make room for new ones.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

WAAA??? How dat go? Seriously, can someone teach me how to unlearn spells? Without editing software. I cannot fathom that out at all. THANKS in advance.