Eschalon: Book III Version 1.021

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Eschalon: Book III Version 1.021

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

xolotl wrote:
Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:(stuff)
Now now. Let's all be the bigger person, here. It does indeed sound like the update hadn't actually been pushed to Steam yet, so in this case we probably can't blame Steam for the delay. At the same time, it had been reasonable to assume that Steam could have been the culprit here, since we've seen how they've sat on updates in the past.

So, let's all just try to remain hoopy froods. :)
Here's the thing, guys: Steam normally handles the updates that I send to them. Very recently, they've come out with tools that allow us to do our own updates. The tools are not very intuitive and it does take some finagling to get it to work for all three platforms. I've been expecting another update from them that would help with the process, hence the reason I was hesitating. Not to mention, I've been really busy promoting the game through other channels, making special updates for the modders, tech support, working on the next project and, in general, just running a business. There are a lot of things happening here at BG, and I am really the only person at the helm of this ship. If I could afford to hire a full support staff, I would.

I will put it at the top of my ToDo list to get the Steam version pushed up to them this week.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Dang! Sure seems like some disgruntled people in hyar! And sounds like BW has his hands full. Poor guy! Wish the world had a lot more patience and the true ability to see through others' eyes. For now, just saying thanks to BW! You've done an excellent job with this game series. What are your next plans?
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

lilwoofer wrote:What are your next plans?
Switching the studio over to Unity3D and Blender. This means learning C# and JavaScript beyond just "being familiar" with it. Starting on a new engine from the ground up. Jotting down new ideas as they come to me. Listening to my fans and filtering out good suggestions from bad.

Also relaxing a bit this summer. Playing some games that I've not had the time to play in the past 2 years.

The next game for us: right now planning on a sci-fi RPG with a new engine. I have no further info for you beyond that. Like with Book I, I'll be very quiet on this for a long time (think a year or two). I just work better when I'm not worried about fan reaction to screenshots or lack of news.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
tapio
Initiate

Post by tapio »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
tortuosit wrote:Yes, BasiliskWranglers posting sounds like he has not done it yet. So it was just the typical zealotry defending him.
Typical zealotry? Go fuck yourself tapio, preferably with a rusty knife.
Unfortunately, no rusty knife is in sight, can you tell me an alternative? :)

Honestly, I apologize for what I said. Also, I took the heat out of the Steam posting which you quoted correctly.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Like with Book I, I'll be very quiet on this for a long time (think a year or two). I just work better when I'm not worried about fan reaction to screenshots or lack of news.
I can only speak for myself, of course, but I actually tend to prefer that method too. The recent "Early Access" trends (including how game development usually happens via Kickstarters-and-the-like) tend to leave me somewhat exhausted by the game by the time it's actually out. I look forward to being surprised with whatever it is you're releasing in a year or two! :)
tapio
Initiate

Post by tapio »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I will put it at the top of my ToDo list to get the Steam version pushed up to them this week.
tapio
Initiate

Post by tapio »

Wanted to do a playtrough on the latest version but no problem, D:OS is out, Wasteland soon, and have not yet played Fallout 1 and 2. Enough to do :D