Who is the most endearing character (any RPG)?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Leezar
Marshall

Who is the most endearing character (any RPG)?

Post by Leezar »

So, I thought this forum has been rather slo... dead lately, so I will try to give it some CPR.

The name of the game is namedropping the character you thought were the most endearing from any RPG. Since I started the thread, I go first;

Eder (Pillars of Eternity)
This guy is very chill and down to earth, and also a really really nice and principled guy, combined with a very dark humor. He is also very able and responsible. If I were a homosexual or a girl, this is definitely the kind of guy I would fall for.

Honorable mentions:

Eiger (Shadowrun Dragonfall)
The female version of Eder, almost. A bit to rigid in her thinking in my taste - to much down to earth, perhaps - but otherwise a fine piece of ass. I´d date her if she would let me, except my family is very racist to trolls.

Drunk Captain Morgan (Eschalon II and III)
Dont get me wrong, this guy is an asshole... but he is a funny asshole. Having this guy around your house would be like having Ossy Osbourne around - you´d never know what he be up to next, but it would surely live up the place.

Maxim and Nowe (Lufia and Drakeengard II)
All around fearless good guys with lots of chutzpah and passion, and absolutely no character flaws - like a (young) Bernie Sanders the Barbarian. I wish I was anything like them, but I am not; just your regular nobody.

Minsc (Baldurs gate)
Obviously.
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
Undermun
Pledge

Re: Who is the most endearing character (any RPG)?

Post by Undermun »

Captain Morgan was also in Eschalon book one- in Darkford.
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

Robo from Chrono Trigger. He's noble, kind, thoughtful. Out of the entire cast he is the most...human.
DerrickCan
Pledge

Post by DerrickCan »

Artkos wrote: November 26th, 2017, 2:38 pm Robo from Chrono Trigger. He's noble, kind, thoughtful. Out of the entire cast he is the most...human.
I guess that would be Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher games. I like competent characters and what's most endearing about Geralt is the warmth that's kind of hidden behind his somewhat cold disposition.
Last edited by DerrickCan on April 26th, 2020, 5:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Unbeliever
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Unbeliever »

Alyx Vance. Half Life 2. Unquestionably. :)